Forums Latest Members
  1. SamQue Oct 25, 2015

Picked up my new Speeedmaster Skywalker X-33 last week. Although I have enjoyed my X-33 gen 1, the new version wears more comfortably and does not have the bulkier look of the gen 1. Here are a couple of photos of the watch and comparison photos with my gen 1 and 45.5 Planet Ocean.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dogmann, Darlinboy and ConElPueblo like this.
  2. Tubber Oct 25, 2015

Been thinking about buying one of these. I have a Gen 2 and find it really good for traveling. Being Titanium it is light and the functions are easy to use. How do you find the Gen 3 for ease of use? Is it thinner than the Gen 1?

3. ConElPueblo Oct 25, 2015

Looks great. Guess it's the darkening of the bezel that makes it seem slimmer - or is it smaller?

4. SamQue Oct 25, 2015

Ease of use is about the same. I really like the feature that when you illuminate the dial, the hands move so as to not to block the digital display. With the new bezel it wears a lot flatter or thinner than the gen 1. Also like the feature that after five days the digital display disappears. This is to conserve battery life but it also makes the display look very clean, however I still like the ability to see the digital display.

It really is a great travel watch with multiple time zones and alarm.

5. SamQue Oct 25, 2015

Actually the bezel has a lot to do in making it appear smaller. The bezel is not as pronounced as in the gen 1 or 2.

6. SamQue Oct 25, 2015

On a side not, while at the boutique I checked out the Solar Impulse version. I was surprised to hear that the titanium bracelet was $2,000. Not a big fan of the NATO strap plus the additional cost seemed excessive. Please excuse me if I'm not suppose to include cost.

7. Tubber Oct 25, 2015

I don't like the Solar Impulse one either. Thank you for including the cost, good to know.