Forums Latest Members
  1. Spm2222 Aug 15, 2014

Hi, new to this I'm afraid. I just received the new Seamaster Aqua Terra Master co-Axial (the anti-magnetic, blue dial, 'Skyfall' version).

I've had it two weeks and love it. However, it's running about 7 seconds fast a day (having monitored religiously for ten days). A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to wait- I've read they 'settle down' (!?).
    2. Or should I send off to be regulated (it's v. accurate- it's literally losing 7-8 secs a day)
    3. Should this be covered by warranty?
    4. How are they regulated?!
    5. Any recommendations of who to send to (in London)
    6. Is 7-8 secs per day acceptable? (I was hoping for 1-2secs)

thanks for any help!

2. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 15, 2014

If it's new it will take a few weeks to settle down, don't expect quartz accuracy though that's not going to happen. I'm afraid you've fallen into the trap all the forum members succumbed to. You bought a thing of beauty vastly overpriced just for the looks and the name. You could have bought a super accurate Chinese quartz throwaway watch for pennies.
    Welcome to the forum you've bought something that will last a lifetime.

watchme likes this.
  3. jcmartinez98 Aug 15, 2014

What does one compare it to to find out if it's running fast or slow?

4. speedbird Aug 15, 2014

The only true way is a time graphed but like the boys said, it needs time to bed-in. Give it a couple months to settle down and I'm sure it'll become hyper accurate. Had the issue with my first AT, and a couple Rolex. All is fine now

5. Spm2222 Aug 16, 2014

Hi guys, thanks for responses- much appreciated.

I had a quartz Tag before (my 18th birthday present over 20 years ago!), so totally knew that I wasn't going to get similar accuracy. Just wanted to step up to something more interesting/fun.

The funny thing is that my Omega actually seems to be actually incredibly accurate (it's fast by almost exactly 7 seconds per day).

My query was more: at what point do you get it regulated? I read somewhere that if it's consistently out by the same amount, there is a very simple process to 'regulate' it. (ie make it 6-7 seconds slower per day).

if this is nonsense (and I'm being an idiot), apologies and ignore!

thx!

6. Des511 Aug 16, 2014

Probably the best place in London to send or bring is the Omega Boutique in Westfield Stratford in East London.
    They have their own service centre upstairs.

7. Spm2222 Aug 16, 2014

Thanks Des,

anyone else got a view on whether I need to wait a couple of months, or get regulated now?

thx!

8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 16, 2014

If it is 7 seconds they may tell you to wait because COSC is allowable -4 to +6

9. Spm2222 Aug 16, 2014

Thx K, doesn't that mean that mine is outside COSC allowances? ( I'm +7/8)

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2014

Yea, but only barely

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 16, 2014

Note that Omega tolerances are -1 to +6 average daily rate, measured over 5 positions.

The first thing I would suggest is using a known good source to compare against. I use time.gov.

You can also try storing it in different positions overnight to see if one will slow it down.

Cheers, Al

12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 17, 2014

If it is still in warranty you may be able to get Omega to regulate it without charging you for it. As well as Westfield, the Omega Boutique in Old Bond Street also has a resident watchmaker who can deal with it for you.