New Release - Reissue of CK859

Posts
3
Likes
9
Received mine last week, so happy with this purchase. The dial is stunning, the size is just perfect for my 7.5" wrist and it is a strap monster!

 
Posts
193
Likes
331
Cool, mine is dressed in black now too:

89P7pqJ.jpg

u1yG1jv.jpg
 
Posts
7,320
Likes
23,727
Cool, mine is dressed in black now too:

89P7pqJ.jpg

u1yG1jv.jpg

Looks much better than with the original strap.
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Anyone hearing that it has been discontinued? Just saw this video on YouTube which claims it has:

 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
This is one of those releases that was completely screwed up by Omega. First it was a limited edition piece, the printed warranty cards confirmed this. Then they said it was changed to 'limited production' status in line with current Omega policy of no more limited edition pieces. Now they say it's discontinued. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
 
Posts
246
Likes
2,601
Hi,
Although nearly all of the original 1930's CK859 that we see today have a 26.5 SOB inside, there were also some with cal 30 and with cal 23.4SC
Here are extracts from a 1940 French catalog :
22050201342019182117882744.jpg

22050201341819182117882742.jpg
Note that in this catalog, the one with caliber 30mm is 0.5mm wider than the 23.4SC....

I've never seen a CK859 with a cal 30mm in the metal, and the only one with a 23.4SC I could get is complete and original but a real wreck (don't pay attention to the dark circle on the dial, it is the reflection of my camera lens...) :
22050201341819182117882743.jpg
This leads me to think that both 30 and 23.4SC were manufactured in a much lower production and are significantly rarer than the 26.5.

First time seeing CK859 with 23.4sc and central seconds hand. I think at that time the caliber 30 didn't have an sc version yet, but the 26.5 had an sc version.
Mine with caliber 30 from 1939
 
Posts
246
Likes
2,601
Congratulations to everyone who bought the new version! Beautiful watch and broadcast...
 
Posts
1,349
Likes
3,736
First time seeing CK859 with 23.4sc and central seconds hand. I think at that time the caliber 30 didn't have an sc version yet, but the 26.5 had an sc version.
Mine with caliber 30 from 1939
Hello, there hasn't been a 26.5 with central second. Only 23.4 and 30mm had one at that time.
Do you have a picture of the caliber of your CK859?
 
Posts
246
Likes
2,601
Hello, there hasn't been a 26.5 with central second. Only 23.4 and 30mm had one at that time.
Do you have a picture of the caliber of your CK859?

I was talking about the CK859 with a center second. For 26.5 I know it is not in CK859 with sc. You say you had a 30 caliber CK859 with sc?
 
Posts
1,349
Likes
3,736
I was talking about the CK859 with a center second. For 26.5 I know it is not in CK859 with sc. You say you had a 30 caliber CK859 with sc?

Hi, I was referring to ' but the 26.5 had an sc version.' in your previous thread. As far as I know there never has been a 26.5SC in whatever case reference.
I didn't say I had a 30SC in a CK859, I only have a 26SOB and a 23.4SC with this case. I was referring to the only two calibers that had a central secong in the 40s, i.e. the 23.4SC and the 30SC.