New Omega Seamaster 300M METAS Results

Hey guys,

Excuse my new guy question (it’s my first ever Omega watch), but how can I confirm that the attached METAS results are good? Isn’t the 14 seconds a day in the 6 positions test a little high?

Best wishes all!!
Edited:

It's at the high end but within the limit, all other results are very good so wouldn't worry about that one result.

It is quite high, but what’s important is how the watch is functioning in real life. Do you notice a problem?

It is quite high, but what’s important is how the watch is functioning in real life. Do you notice a problem?
Just got so I will be keeping an eye. Just in case, is there an option that a watch wouldn’t be at COSC precision in real life test? Can any thing be done about it if that’s the case?

Just got so I will be keeping an eye. Just in case, is there an option that a watch wouldn’t be at COSC precision in real life test? Can any thing be done about it if that’s the case?

Yes. Buy a quartz watch . Then you can check your mechanical watch against your quartz watch. Daily fun .

Yes. Buy a quartz watch . Then you can check your mechanical watch against your quartz watch. Daily fun .

I mean like is there a way to regulate it to be more precise in case I notice too much of a diviation?

I mean like is there a way to regulate it to be more precise in case I notice too much of a diviation?
Yes, the watch can be regulated to either speed it up or slow it down if you notice it running too fast/slow.

Yes, the watch can be regulated to either speed it up or slow it down if you notice it running too fast/slow.
Thank you very much!

Most accurate watch I own is a 27+ year old Tag Quartz watch.
Have been setting several mechanical watches 10-20 times the price of it, by it for years. 👍

Most accurate watch I own is a 27+ year old Tag Quartz watch.
Have been setting several mechanical watches 10-20 times the price of it, by it for years. 👍

I must ask, why would you set a mechanical watch using a quartz watch instead of your smart phone?

Thank you very much friend. Do you think these results a reason to be concerned?

I think the specification is a large specification that ensures a movement performs relatively well in a multitude of environments and through a multitude of wear regimes. If it meets the specifications, it meets the specifications. Do you even know what that number means? What it represents? Or is it just because it's big and at the upper limit it concerns you? I think you should review what each test actually tests and then consider them carefully. The results aren't absolute, best numbers, worst numbers, deltas, etc. I think you should just wear your watch.

Why are you mentioning COSC? METAS and COSC are different things, IIRC.
I think you would probably void the warranty if you messed around with it. The best thing is just not to worry about it. Most likely the watch will keep sufficiently accurate time for daily use. If you need something precise to the second, there are high accuracy quartz/electronic watches.

Why are you mentioning COSC? METAS and COSC are different things, IIRC.

I think you would probably void the warranty if you messed around with it. The best thing is just not to worry about it. Most likely the watch will keep sufficiently accurate time for daily use. If you need something precise to the second, there are high accuracy quartz/electronic watches.

I'm sure I will, I meant by Omega. But someone already pointed out to me that as long as the watch is within specs, Omega probably wouldn't do anything with it.

My mistake mentioning COSC.

Thanks a bunch mate!
Edited:

I think the specification is a large specification that ensures a movement performs relatively well in a multitude of environments and through a multitude of wear regimes. If it meets the specifications, it meets the specifications. Do you even know what that number means? What it represents? Or is it just because it's big and at the upper limit it concerns you? I think you should review what each test actually tests and then consider them carefully. The results aren't absolute, best numbers, worst numbers, deltas, etc. I think you should just wear your watch.

I'm just concerned buying such an expansive watch to get the accuracy of 100 bucks Seiko. I always though that if Omega per say state that a watch is METAS certified for 0 to +5 spd, that's the limit. Now I understand that theoretically this watch might gain -2 seconds in one position and +12 seconds in another. But I guess I'll have to see what happens in real use.

Thank you very much!

I'm just concerned buying such an expansive watch to get the accuracy of 100 bucks Seiko. I always though that if Omega per say state that a watch is METAS certified for 0 to +5 spd, that's the limit. Now I understand that theoretically this watch might gain -2 seconds in one position and +12 seconds in another. But I guess I'll have to see what happens in real use.

Thank you very much!

METAS isn't positional accuracy, it's much, much more. The specification you're worried about is a delta between six chronometric positions. It means the worst it could be is +/-14 SPD in ONE position and 0 SPD in ALL other positions. What is more likely, that you'll happen to hold your watch in that "worst" position the ENTIRE time you wear it or that the actual position will vary infinitely and you'll experience something more satisfying and that the actual result will probably be closer to +/- 7 spd, delta 14 spd. You're taking one specification out of an extremely extensive battery of tests and running to the hills with it, even going so far as to compare it to a Seiko "specification" that they advertise. I don't know where the 0 to +5 spd that everyone banters about comes from, but I don't think it's Omega. I only see one METAS specification that has that limit.

I don't know where the 0 to +5 spd that everyone banters about comes from, but I don't think it's Omega.
My 3861, my brother' AT 150m 220.12.41.21.03.002 and PO 600m 215.33.44.21.01.001
all have 0~+5s average daily chronometric precision rating.

Screenshot_20240519-082457.png

Accuracy is the name of the game for many watch fans, me I just enjoy my Seamaster. I compare it to my phone or a quarts watch, maybe once a week. Nothing in my life needs +-2 sec accuracy, if its important to be on time, work or an appointment, I get there early.

Some days I am active and the main spring gets wound up and some days I am an couch potato, making the watch slow down it seems.