Forums Latest Members

New old Polerouter deluxe back and running ...

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

hello everyone ....

I bought a 138 ss movement and dial as a parts movement . I needed a parts movement cause I purchased a Polarouter off the sales forum. But the watch was packed too well . No room for the packing to take any shock absorbsion. In transit it was damaged the watch maker told me to find a parts movement. On top of that the dial was killer as well !

So I got the parts movement under close examination this was from a first generation Polerouter deluxe and after close examination the dial was used in -3 subversion as it does not have an applied UG logo on the dial below the 12 o'clock marker ....ref 10234-3....

I thought the dial was so cooll

IMG_7041.PNG IMG_7043.PNG

So I would have to assume the case and sweep seconds hand has gone the way of the dodo as well...

I then came across this watch......

IMG_7040.PNG

A nice early Polerouter deluxe , w a bumper 138 SS movement... The dial is a redial, give away is " Automatic Microtor" But it has its Sweep second hand.... and I did not pay attention to the subversion , but it turned out to be a -3 .... !!!

so after a little watchmaker magic....

IMG_7231.JPG

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

ps @Dre , remember we talked about how I wanted to case this dial.....

hahahaha

IMG_7232.JPG IMG_7233.JPG
    SeanO, adi4, GuiltyBoomerang and 12 others like this.
  2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Dec 4, 2017

Nice!

Question: what was the De Luxe part of this watch? In what way does it differ from the regular gold model?

watch3s likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

On the De Luxe models, the dial markers, hands and internal bezels are 18K gold. I believe that the gold dials are also 18K, although I’m not sure about the painted dials.

Bill - did you see a hallmark on the dial when you recased the watch?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
    gatorcpa

watch3s, BartH and Mazoue like this.
  4. Jonatan Dec 4, 2017

I can almost smell the cigar and the rum fragrances that come with that dial. :thumbsup:

watch3s, Vitezi, McKinley and 4 others like this.
  5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

Hi @Jonatan

I agree . It's one of the times the sum of the parts is greater then the parts alone !

Best

Bill

watch3s likes this.
  6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 4, 2017

Joyería Le Trianon, Galiano. Esta tienda tenía tres pisos, la más fina joyería, plata, vajillas, lo inimaginable, hoy se encuentra en ruinas, los techos se desplomaron, la basura, los escombros y la desolación es la oferta de hoy día.

Google translate:

Jewelry Le Trianon, Galiano (Cuba). This shop had three floors, the finest jewelry, silver, dishes, the unimaginable, today is in ruins, the roofs collapsed, garbage, debris and desolation is today's offer.

Together with my "Joyeria Milos" we two have 50ies Habana covered...

[​IMG]

7. SpeedTar Dec 4, 2017

The deluxe version of the Polerouter should have a chronometer movement , right?

8. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

Not all of them ..... I have one with a chronometre marked movement and others that do not....

your mileage may very..

Bill

9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 4, 2017

Mmm.jpg

10. ELV web Dec 4, 2017

Allow me to throw in a military dress watch of Cuban origin.... (old pic, yet to change the strap as the female spring bar is a pain...). @styggpyggeno1 ::love::::love::::love::

CAD1D5BE-9B70-4492-9116-F84012F498F1.jpeg
    Edited Dec 4, 2017
    janice&fred and BartH like this.
  11. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Dec 5, 2017

That watch is so opulent, it may have triggered La Revolucion!

ELV web and Jonatan like this.