Forums Latest Members
  1. Shibdog May 21, 2020

Hello everyone, just joined the Omega family yesterday after a long hunt for an Aqua Terra. Look forward to learning from everyone joining the community.

Foo2rama, BatDad, DaveK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Shibdog May 21, 2020

I don't know if I am just failing at technology or the account is too new to add photos, but if its not showing up, the watch is a blue 41mm Aqua Terra w/ rubber strap and caliber 8900 movement. At some point I will probably track down a steel bracelet, but for now will leave it as is

[​IMG]

3. Martin_J_N May 21, 2020

Welcome and congratulations, a good start for your watch collection as the AT is an excellent timepiece, take time to enjoy your new watch and wear in good health.

I don't think that there are any restrictions on posting pictures but have a read through the forums for new members, I'm sure there is info there.

4. MRC May 21, 2020

It's a two-stage operation:- use "ADD PHOTOS" at the bottom of the compose window, then click inside the window to position the photo and use the "INSERT PHOTO" which should have appeared after the photo loaded successfully.
    bitmap.jpg

5. vbrad26 May 21, 2020

[​IMG]

Nice choice!
    P.S. it looked like you had the wrong image URL between the [ img ] [/ img ] tags.

Edited May 21, 2020
    Ramjet, dougwhiz and Martin_J_N like this.
  6. MRC May 21, 2020

Ahh, I get it, the OP's photo is at Imgur. OF has lots and lots and lots of disc space (All Hail The Founders :thumbsup:) and the preference is to use OF space for photos here. That way they don't get lost when the host goes AWOL ( :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Photobucket )

vbrad26 likes this.
  7. Shibdog May 21, 2020

Got it, thanks for the info on how to upload, I had used imgur because I neglected step 2 of inserting the photo once loaded which explains my torubles. It ended up on here via a reply so I wont re add but good to know for next time.

8. vintage hab May 21, 2020

Very nice! Congrats. I hesitated long & hard, and decided to get a FOIS, but also love the blue AT

9. Candle00 May 21, 2020

Great starter piece. The blue really pops. I'm sure you've now caught the bug so look forward to watching the collection blossom :thumbsup:

DaveK likes this.
  10. Ramjet May 21, 2020

I was torn between the same AT and the Seamaster 300. Can't go wrong either way.

11. Shibdog May 21, 2020

This was probably my grail watch, and at least for the time being has given my poor finances a breather. I have a few seikos and a hamilton filling up the rest of the box, at some point I would like to add an Explorer and a Speedmaster,

I too had the debate between the 300 and this for a while, I think for the way I dress most of the time this watch was the better fit. Being realistic I probably would be too scared to wear either while surfing so the extra depth rating probably wont make a difference. That being said the Goldeneye Seamaster is probably the watch that got me interested in watches.

Candle00 likes this.