Forums Latest Members
  1. johnny5 Oct 19, 2020

Hello everyone,

I’ve watched these forums for years, but didn’t join until today. Omega is my favorite watch maker, outside of the holy trinity. I’ve loved watches since I was a kid and still have my Mickey Mouse lorus from when I turned 6.

This year since my travel budget was squashed due to covid I added a lot of the 2020 omega and Rolex releases to my collection. So I’ve been on the forums a lot more lately. The NTTD and the latest speedies weren’t really appealing to me at first until I read some reviews here and elsewhere online. I’m glad I picked them up and can’t thank the forum enough for being a resource.

Omega is my primary brand. I’d love to add a tintin but I think I missed that boat. I also have snoopy 3 on order, hopefully I’ll see it soon!

Edited Oct 20, 2020
    Larry S, noelekal, Stewart A and 10 others like this.
  2. janice&fred Oct 19, 2020

Welcome and if you watch your nickels and dimes you might be able to save up and get something expensive :D

Rudi99, DaveK and dougiedude like this.
  3. johnny5 Oct 19, 2020

Thank you, and yes I know! I’ve been adding to this collection over the last 10 years or so, and my watch sales person keeps telling me I should start saving to build a relationship with Patek.

Someday...

4. janice&fred Oct 19, 2020

Yea but just a thought...you might not want to take advice from sales people. I think you're doing just fine in the spending department already :D

Larry S and johnny5 like this.
  5. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 19, 2020

Welcome!

Glad you came out of your shell!

It’s rather obvious you weren’t in a shell when you were shopping, :D, what a beautiful collection; your JLC is definitely my favorite modern moonphase.

I hope you’ll take one of your favorite pictures and turn it into your avatar photo so that you can always be taken seriously in the future :thumbsup:

Again, glad to have you here, and thanks for sharing!

6. johnny5 Oct 19, 2020

Thanks! I don’t really have a favorite, but I’ll upload an avatar!

dougiedude likes this.
  7. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 19, 2020

Excellent!

Of course, you can always change it around... I think I did that a number of times in the first few years I was here...

Incidently, Dibs, please, on the JLC Master Moon ::love:: !

8. Marsimaxam Oct 19, 2020

Welcome and what a wonderfully diverse collection... excellent taste.

Who do you consider to be the Holy Trinity?
    Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, and Audemars Piguet?

You don't necessarily have to start saving for a Patek, you can also consider trading (selling) some of your current watches... but, it can be difficult deciding what to sell, I know, I've been there.

9. pdxleaf ... Oct 19, 2020

Welcome. It's interesting to learn that you have ordered the new Snoopy. Based on your collection it shows that you hold it in high value. Demonsrrates the strong support the Snoopy has.

Wrist shot of the blue VC please!

10. pw92676 Oct 19, 2020

Great collection.

I think the whole saving thing is said in jest. You have some awesome pieces here.

FWIW I don’t believe in the “best” lists or “holy trinity” lore. IMO the best watch is the one you have on your wrist that given day. If you don’t think it’s the best watch, take it off and sell it ASAP.

11. Dor_42 Oct 19, 2020

Awesome collection! And a great box, I got an identical one, the main difference is mine has a lot of vacancy waiting to be filled!
    Welcome to the OF family.