Forums Latest Members

New member Richard L! - Now BANNED due to being a SCAMMER

1. JwRosenthal Mar 12, 2023

noelekal, bardamu and pdxleaf like this.
  2. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 12, 2023

Don’t think so- poorly James too given they aren’t bears- similar to the op actually- not much dancing to be had and he didn’t really bear the goods being proffered

3. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 12, 2023

I’m pretty happy with a Zenith (I’m not sure if I’ll get a 24 hour mite for this but I have more Zeniths than Omegas)

5202DB9E-74C3-46F0-A554-58F47CECC474.jpeg 60E4C5B0-0637-4FD9-A21D-36F71D56015C.jpeg FD2C0D37-25DF-447A-B928-8CC9B5CEBBD6.jpeg
    Mam, 64Wing, asrnj77 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Mar 14, 2023

Me neither but using translate has still not gotten me banned so far. Nice crowd there

bardamu likes this.
  5. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2023

Lol! What did you just call my mother?!

Mark020 likes this.
  6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 14, 2023

Sleepin' w' da fishes?

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Mar 14, 2023

A fugazi :D

JwRosenthal likes this.
  8. Seaborg Jun 14, 2023

Here we go... And sorry for the delay in posting the full story.

His first post on Feb 28th was about selling a lovely Ed White. In his post, it was written he has a kind of pawn shop and consignees brought a lovely Ed White. He said in his post that the Ed was so nice that he (the shop) bought the watch and now proposed it on OF (at a very attractive price : 10.5k USD). He said the posted pictures were taken by him.
    Of course, his first post was a FS post so he had to modify it into a presentation post (200 post rule).

As a lurking shark, I contacted him and discussed about the watch. I wanted to take my chance on this one as I do not own an Ed White yet.
    We had a couple of phone and video calls. I asked to see the watch via the video call or to get extra pictures of the watch but he said the watch was already packed and on the way to me via UPS as the watch was handled by another shop in Canada (fishy). I checked the tracking and it only said "label created" that has of course no meaning as everyone can create a label without paying anyhting (even more fishy).

I said that I would not pay without having an actual proof that he owned the watch and he asked a "return to sender" via UPS, but of course, nothing was to be returned as UPS never had the watch... It's a week now that he asked this and the status did not change on the tracking (obviously).

Ultimatly, I contacted a very good friend who pointed this link out:

https://www.cheffins.co.uk/fine-art...pre-moon-speedmaster-ed-white-wrist_56172.htm

This screams nefarious. Regular scam process, stealing pictures on the net and posting them.

I forwarded the link to the "seller" and asked for explainations. He said these pictures are troubling and he had to go back to the consignees to understand it (but he said HE took the pictures before). Since the situation seemed compromised with me, he posted a picture of the Ed in his post, I guess to hook new sharks...

Scam...

Beware, my lovely OF members...

Seaborg.

PS: I would like to personally thank the mods for their amazing job in handling the situation as well as @ndgal for being the best man ever.

Edited Jun 14, 2023
    Mam, Eve, Spacefruit and 18 others like this.
  9. koppsg Sep 27, 2023

As a new member myself, let me be the first to sing the praises of this group. I've been introduced to brands, models, and everything in between that I would never have known. This group is truly a wonderful source of knowledge!

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 27, 2023

Hmmm @koppsg, at least do you own the watch you appear so eager to sell?

The 200-post rule requires meaningful contributions, not just accumulations of compliments… do we have a bit of post-farming here?

IMG_1086.png IMG_1085.png IMG_1084.png IMG_1083.png IMG_1082.png IMG_1081.png IMG_1080.png
  11. mydeafcat Sep 27, 2023

Thank you, @Syrte.

I’ve been sick in bed since Saturday. As such, I’ve explored more threads and posts than usual. And I’ve likewise witnessed this careful tending of posts. Like a couple of ‘I have both watches’ (Omega and Hamilton) but nary a photo. I’ll check my suspicions in the face of evidence.

Dries, paddymoran and Syrte like this.
  12. paddymoran Sep 27, 2023

Joined on Fri and 49 posts in a few days - must be desperate to sell!! Can’t wait to see the watch.

aap, mydeafcat and Syrte like this.
  13. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 27, 2023

When I first joined TZ-UK some years ago i managed to accrue 50 posts in a few days because I wanted to view watches for sale. But those were real posts.
    And in the end the irony is I never found anything to my liking on there.

Edited Sep 27, 2023
    noelekal, Omegafanman, Spruce and 2 others like this.
  14. koppsg Sep 27, 2023

Sir,
    I can assure you that my intent is not to post-farm. On the contrary, I was simply replying to posts that I thought I could make a meaningful contribution to. I have a number of watches in my collection from Omega, Grand Seiko, IWC, etc and have enjoyed learning about the this topic in general. If I have gone against the rules in any way, I can assure you that it was not intentional. Down the road, I may very well be interested in selling or trading some of my collection, but I understand the post limit and respect it.

15. mydeafcat Sep 27, 2023

That’s ‘Madam’, not ‘Sir’.

Speaking of consideration, might consider getting yourself an avatar.

LesXL, sheepdoll, Spruce and 2 others like this.
  16. LesXL Sep 28, 2023

"Madame" would also be accepted :)

Spruce likes this.
  17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 28, 2023

Well @koppsg maybe you’d like to post some of your watches in a thread of your own or other relevant threads… that would be an introduction.

noelekal, mydeafcat and Zapatta like this.
  18. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 28, 2023

You need to be careful, in certain English speaking countries that word has another less than savoury meaning. For Francophones though it is all good.

Mark020, sheepdoll, mydeafcat and 5 others like this.