Forums Latest Members

New member looking to buy a omega seamaster

1. Daz4311 Aug 16, 2016

Love watches...already got quite a few...my favourite being my breitling superocean...but have decided it's time to buy my first omega. ...have always wanted a seamaster ....Looked Over The Years. ....nearly bought a 007 version but never got round to it...but as the Olympics are on...I've just spotted the omega seamaster rio 2016 watch and I do like the look of it. Price is £3520 ...but as it's my first omega....don't know much about the watch other than I like the looks...so any advice on the actual rio olympics watch or the seamaster range in general would be a help...cheers in advance folks

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2016

Welcome!

Well it comes down to what watch speaks to you, your budget, and how you will use the watch. New? Vintage? Pre owned?

There are a lot of options and variations inside the options. The Seamaster range includes dressy watches, traditional diving watches, and the Planet Ocean line. Do you want or need GMT or Chrono?

3. Daz4311 Aug 16, 2016

Watch will be new...and don't want a chrono watch as already have quite a few...just want you basis seamaster professional. ..but unsure if I should just buy the regular version or go for the Olympics version as it's a limited edition of 3016..and can get hold of number 1551

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2016

Well traditionally Olympic editions do not hold value better then the regular watch, and I can assure you that getting one of these will not be hard, the Olympic editions tend not to sell out, and you can still get the ones from 2014 which where made in similar numbers.

If the Olympic speaks to you and you love it then get it. Although I think you will find that most members here prefer the regular flavors of the Seamaster Diver 300m.

What is it you like? The colors, the hands, the wave dial? The Olympic connection?

5. Daz4311 Aug 16, 2016

To be honest....I really like the regular seamaster...but think the coloured numbers make it just that little different to the regular version. ..so I thought I would ask the people on here for comments and thoughts on the watch...I'm not buying as a investment. .it will be my everyday wear wstch

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 16, 2016

Well my opinion which I think will be shared with most members is that the additional colors don't do the watch any favors. That being said everyone has a personal preference and style. If you tend to dress with a lot of bright colors that will coordinate with the watch then it's perfect for you. If you dress more subdued you need to ask yourself if the watch complements what you wear, and if the regular version is more versatile.

No one here is going to tell you which to buy. They are both great! Like I said earlier it's your watch and your going to be the one who wears it.

We do look forward to you becoming a member of the community.

I can tell you that my own personal path to watches was similar. I fell in love with a vintage Rolex the Orange hand Explorer II from the early 70's which was insanely highly priced at the time and Rolex a few years back updated it and released a tribute to it. I tried it on and did not like the new proportions of it. But in the next case over I saw the Planet Ocean Chrono in orange and fell in love. It's not a watch for everyone, but it spoke to me and a tried it on a few times and finally took the plunge and got it. That watch works for me but not for everyone. To be honest if I had been on the forums at the time I would have been nudged towards the black version with the newer movement. Which I know for a fact I would not have been as happy with.

The non Olympic is the safer choice but it's all up to you.

gostang9 likes this.
  7. Smspectre Aug 16, 2016

Go with your gut feeling. I bought the modern bullhead because I like the style. Many don't but we all see beauty a different way.

ahartfie likes this.
  8. w.finkenstaedt Aug 16, 2016

I love the Rio Diver 300M. The dial is awesome, tying the old "wave" style with the new ceramics as well as the Copacabana in Rio, and the Diver is a classic and iconic style.

I love the bezel, especially the reversed lume pip (all of the white indexes on the bezel are lumed blue, with the triangle at 0/60 being green to match the minute hand).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. meganfox17 Aug 17, 2016

How are You @Daz4311 ?

Stay the course & stick to your Original plan because that's the correct decision Sir ![​IMG]Without a shadow of a doubt,
    I would choose the JB 007 50th Anniversary LE SMP 300 Co Ax Cal 2507 for you Sir ! It's everything you could wish for in a SM being "Normal" but Exceptionally Unique !![​IMG]No other watch boast a case back with a gun barrel design & a bullet decorated rotor visible through the central sapphire crystal glass !

Edited Aug 17, 2016
  10. w.finkenstaedt Aug 17, 2016

If that watch was still available; he said he wants to buy new, meaning that's not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk