Forums Latest Members

New Member From Southern California

1. Accutron911 Nov 7, 2019

Hello everyone.

I am a new member.

I have been lurking around this forum for many years, mainly for the purpose of researching repair information posted by the many knowledgeable contributors. I have been repairing mechanical and electro-mechanical watches for about 22 years as hobbyist, and semi-professionally for about 10 years. By semi-professionally, I mean, I have a regular day job, but I repair watches on the weekends and spare time for colleagues, pawn shops, watch repair stores and jewellery stores who do not have the knowledge, parts or tools to make repairs. In addition to watch repair I am also a collector who has been collecting since I was nine years old in the late 1970's.

I am known locally for my tuning fork watch repairs which is the reason why I wound up on this forum. Recently, I have increasingly come across more Omega f300 and f720 movements in need of repair. I have quite a bit of Omega f300 Cal. 1250/60 material, but not one spare part for the Omega f720 Cal. 1220/30 Megasonic. The repair material for these movements is becoming more and more difficult to source, mostly obsolete in my opinion. I am hoping that by joining this forum, I am able to establish watch repair resources with collectors and repair colleagues from around the world for the purpose of exchanging advise, ideas, knowledge, skills, tools and parts for all movements of all makes, but in particular for the Omega Cal. 1220/30 movement.

I look forward to contributing to this forum and assisting the forum membership in anyway I can.

Thank you all for your time.

DaveK likes this.
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 7, 2019

Welcome! I was just wearing my spaceview tonight. Look forward to seeing your collection!

3. Ssunnylee24 Nov 8, 2019

Another member from Socal.
    Welcome!