Forums Latest Members
  1. ludo Nov 2, 2019

Hi there, Ludo from France.

I have been lurking for a few months but thought it was time to introduce myself.

I have been collecting for 15 years and gravitating for years around the speedmaster but it's only very recently that I finally got to have one.

Actually my GF first got an Omega as a present for the birth of our baby girl, a speedmaster auto in white: IMG_1639.jpeg
    Then a few month back for my 40th birthday, she gifted me with the classic: a speedmaster moonwatch hesalite.
    Interesting thing is that the watch is dated of july 21st. Very happy with this one !!
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    Then a few days later as I was looking for a nice summer watch I read on Fratello a review of the new seamster 300 in steel and sedna gold...and bought it as a present to myself too!!
    The built quality of this watch is on par with much more expensive watch I have come across. And it's the perfect allrounder in my eyes.
    IMG_4336.jpeg

So after 15 years without ever owning an Omega now we have 3 in the familly in less than a year !!

Sadly I fear I will have to let go the seamaster along with a few others in my collection (Pepsi 1675, Nomos Tangente Bauhaus) as I await the opportunity to very soon buy a grail watch of mine (a Daytona - not the steel C, I am not THAT lucky).

But I hope to be able to come back to it this incredible seamaster series, maybe in the form of the ceramic/titanium one or...the screen Bond if it's a good one ;)

For now I will enjoy the speedmaster, you can never be bored with such a perfect design.

Anyway thanks for creating and maintening such a place for passionate collectors. I hope to one day being able to contribute to the knowledge base here !

Ludo

Darlinboy likes this.
  2. Millenary Watches Nov 2, 2019

Bonjour and welcome!:)

3. Jonathan40 Nov 2, 2019

Welcome, your 2 Omega’s are great, hope you don’t regret letting the 1675 go because you might not ever be able to get back in at a sensible price.
    Let’s see the Daytona if and when it arrives.
    Your GF’s auto looks fantastic. I’m looking for an albino sports model and that is right up my street.
    38mm?