Forums Latest Members
  1. bassplayrr Jun 19, 2019

Hello all,

I'm a new member and thought it polite to introduce myself before posting, asking questions, and generally participating here on the forums.

I'm out of the Dallas Metroplex area of north TX (Frisco to be exact) and have been collecting watches to some extent since 2011, when my wife purchased a Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 for me as a wedding gift. I had always wanted a "nice watch" and my general enthusiasm for space travel made the speedy a natural fit. Over the years I've added other brands (the usual suspects: Rolex, Panerai, etc.). Just recently, however I've decided Omega is really where my heart is. So, over the last year, in addition to the 3570.50 and PO2500 I already had, I've added a PloProf 1200M (Ti), a Grey Side of the Moon Meteorite, and a Planet Ocean "Big Blue." I also have an early allocation of the Speedy 50th (stainless) on order, which should hopefully be released in time for the anniversary in July.

This looks to be a great forum with some very engaged, knowledgeable members. I'm looking forward to my time here.

Omegas.jpg
    noelekal, Texas Toast, BatDad and 4 others like this.
  2. PhotonX Jun 19, 2019

Welcome to the forum fellow Texan!

bassplayrr likes this.
  3. mswilks Jun 19, 2019

We were in Texas for 23 years (18 in College Station and 5 in San Antonio) before moving to Kansas in 2017. You should take some watch pictures at a Whataburger and post them for us (me).

Texas Toast, noelekal and bassplayrr like this.
  4. corn18 Jun 19, 2019

Yes, welcome aboard! We live in Southlake, so not too far away. Great collection! You have excellent taste.

bassplayrr likes this.
  5. BatDad Jun 19, 2019

Welcome! Bonus for setting an avatar already!!

bassplayrr likes this.
  6. axl911 Jun 19, 2019

Welcome. You are not to far from the new TimelessLuxuryWatches location. They do have some tempting stuff there!!

7. BillLundberg Jun 19, 2019

Sweet collection! Welcome to the forum.

What happened to the Rolex and Panerai? Where those sacrificed to purchase more omegas?