Forums Latest Members
  1. trival May 10, 2016

Hi everyone,

I´m from Brazil. I´ve been collecting watches from some time. I have many watches from differents brands like Rolex, GP, Alpina, Tudor, Zenith, Breitling, Tag Heuer, Steinhart, Casio, Orient, Seiko, Grand Seiko and of course Omega.
    My favorites brands are Seiko and Omega but I have taste for all of them. I have a few pieces more vintage:
    a Girard Perregaux from the 50´s in gold and two Omegas, one is for woman from the 50´s with brilliants, belongs to my grandmother and a re edition of the Cosmic Moonphase Triple Date Square Case (1 of 999)

I´ve been a while reading this forum but never register. Now I would like to participate more on the discussions.

I´m very happy to be here.

citizenrich, vinn2, Giff2577 and 5 others like this.
  2. Superdoc May 10, 2016

Welcome to the Forum!
    As with most things, It's definitely more fun when you participate!
    (And you'll quickly learn that we love visual stimuli... Aka 'pictures')
    Looking forward to seeing your collection in the threads...

3. demollo May 11, 2016

Welcome to the forum :)

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 11, 2016

G'day Mate

(Aussie greeting, bit corny though isn't it, we don't really talk like that here any more).

Welcome to our great forum and let's see a pic of your Cosmic.

If you don't post a pic within 48 hours of joining you get a black mark from the Moderators and could get banned.

;)

5. OmegaPreuss May 25, 2016

Hi there from Australia. It sounds like that you have a good collection of watches. Looking forward to seeing some here in the forum. I am also new here and slowly finding my way around. I may use my computer , rather than my mobile phone to upload pictures of my collection of watches and antique clocks.
    see you around... Cheers , Michael.

6. alam May 25, 2016

Welcome!

One thing you should always consider is that most of us around here can't think without pictures, therefore these are a must! ....and it would be very prudent to set yourself an avatar before our designated mod in charge of that department goes wildly creative and picks one for you! :p

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 3.36.12 PM.png
  7. vinn2 May 26, 2016

good ole Aussie greeting. i like the good old days and your history. i think my gran dad was there, briefly. Vinn

OmegaPreuss likes this.
  8. OmegaPreuss May 26, 2016

G'dan ya , Vinn - like ya picky !

9. vinn2 May 26, 2016

ill have to take a pix of his gold watch and chain, i think he got it over there. vinn2

10. trival May 29, 2016

Hi Guys, thank you for your kindly welcome. Nowadays I´m travelling a lot and I will try to upload at least some photos of my travel´s partners (aka watches). :)

11. roel1955 May 30, 2016

Welcome, hope to see some pictures soon
    greetings roel

12. trival Jun 10, 2016

Hi! I taked out of the closet for some ride!

WP_20160609_15_05_55_Pro~01.jpg
    GregH likes this.
  13. trival Jun 15, 2016

Need advice! I'm travelling and a co worker felt in love of my watch. It's a good idea to trade this Omega Cosmic for a Rolex Daytona? Any thoughts will be welcome.

14. vinn2 Jun 15, 2016

trival; welcome to the forum. trades are great IF you know the relative value of both items. (assuming they both run). the BIG problem if knowing if they are fakes, this forum is where to learn to spot a fake. good luck. vinn

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2016

16. trival Jun 15, 2016

That's my problem, this watch belongs to my father's collection and I know he bought this one many years ago, it's a limited edition of only 999pcs but I don't have a real knowing of its value. I hardly use it only from time to time to keep it running. If you ask me I prefer to keep in my collection divers and chronographs...