Forums Latest Members

New Member - First Omega Suggestions

1. pete91m Apr 1, 2020

Either suit or business casual.. I'm a 7" wrist, so prefer nothing bigger than 42.

2. olongapo2 Apr 3, 2020

Pete91M,

I think you are a "Tool Watch" kind of guy. A Seamaster or Speedmaster can be worn for any occasion. I don't mean to sound insensitive and profit from others misfortune but you may find good deals on pre-owned watches in the near future.

3. gbesq Apr 3, 2020

B6318971-5E9F-4156-93F2-639835B96B85.jpeg
    I have both a Speedmaster Professional and a Seamaster Professional diver (“SMPc”). I love them both, but the Seamaster is definitely more watch for the money: advanced coaxial movement, nicer dial features (applied logo, better lume in two colors, etc.), sapphire crystal, date complication, ceramic bezel, waterproof and one of Omega’s most comfortable bracelets. The Speedy has none of those features, but the reason that its design hasn't changed much in more than fifty years is that it's the perfect chronograph tool watch. If you want a great all rounder that you can wear with jeans or a tux, then between the Speedmaster and the Seamaster I'd opt for the latter, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Edited Apr 4, 2020
    KingCrouchy, pete91m and wagudc like this.
  4. pete91m Apr 4, 2020

They are definitely the two I keep swaying between.
    Do you also think we could see some better discounts than normal at ADs once they re-open again? Especially if this lockdown (in the UK) lasts for 3-4 months..

5. gbesq Apr 4, 2020

Probably, but you are likely to get a better price still from many of the trusted/recommended sellers on OF's private watch sales forum.

pete91m likes this.
  6. chulyquang Apr 7, 2020

Welcome

pete91m likes this.
  7. Candle00 Apr 10, 2020

Welcome! Mine was a 60's Seamaster de Ville. If leaning towards vintage, I'd aim for a pie pan Constellation. If set on a Speedy, I'd check out the FOIS.

IMG-0822.jpg

KingCrouchy and pete91m like this.
  8. vintage hab May 3, 2020

FWIW, I was looking for a vintage seamaster (late 50s), but then fell on the new Aqua Terra and just loved it. I started shopping that, but the Speedy grew on me... so some after much deliberation, I'm looking for a FOIS. I prefer the hands on the FOIS versus the Pro, and think it looks awesome with the brown leather band. I'd prefer a pre-owned, but they are hard to come by, so may end up buying new.