Forums Latest Members

New Member, First Omega - One With A Special Meaning

1. Danny T Jun 12, 2013

My journey through this hobby has now brought me here. After almost 2.5 years of being addicted to watches, I've evolved my knowledge about this hobby to a point I never imagined. Thinking I would never be able to attain or even think about buying something like this was unfathomable 2.5 years ago when I started building my modest diver collection of mainly btq brand watches..

This watch came on my radar after stumbling across it (how - I cant remember). After reading up on it and realizing what the brand is, the time it was released, and what it represented, was something very special to me. It shared some commonalities of an event that occurred at literally the same time which changed my life forever.

I thought wow, this would be the PERFECT symbol to have to remind me and my family of this life altering moment. I'm not saying that this watch makes the moment better, but it's a very cool symbol that happens to be something I enjoy as a personal hobby as well. There aren't many material items which can make for a super cool momento to represent both something you enjoy and to commemorate that special event in your personal life.

After a long search and facing a near scam a short time ago, I said FORGET IT!! And had found one at my local AD just a month prior! Why mess with fate! So I just grabbed the brand new shiny one instead of hunting and gambling on a used one.

The symbol that I speak of is the OMEGA SEAMASTER 2010 VANCOUVER OLYMPICS LIMITED EDITION watch.

Here's the story why this watch is special and means so much:

1. The event was the birth of my first son. He was born 3 months premature! His birthday, Feb 13, 2010 - he was born at just over 2lbs! He had the fighter spirit and pulled through everything beautifully without complication and is now the most energetic/healthy gift my wife could have received. He is my best friend in the universe.
    2. Feb 13, 2010 was the same day of the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympic games. He was born just 2 hours after the opening ceremonies started!
    3. It also represents the country where I call home and was born in (as for my son as well)

So that's basically it. I NEVER EVER EVER could have imagined that I would add something like an Omega to my collection. And especially one that represents a milestone in my life (my first child's birth).

Hope you enjoy the photos (sorry for so many) and thanks for reading my story.

Unboxing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OH CANADA!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Macro Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 12, 2013

Fascinating story and a terrific watch........Welcome by the way. Looking forward to seeing you other watches pictures.

dxholdren likes this.
  3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Jun 12, 2013

Great story and very cool looking watch. Take good care of it for your boy. ;)

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 13, 2013

good grief - great photos!
    look forward to seeing it on the watch stand!

5. Danny T Jun 13, 2013

Can't wait for it to get here. Def have plans for a nice photo shoot with it

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 13, 2013

That's a lovely piece. Normally the skeleton hands don't do it for me, but that is really well executed. Definitely a piece to keep for the rest of your life :thumbsup:

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 14, 2013

Very nice and distinctive. One of the nicest Olympic models.

8. MyVintageOmega Jun 14, 2013

Congrats. Great images. Nice watch.

9. kohl Jun 16, 2013

That is one of the most beautiful objects I have ever seen.

10. Danny T Jun 17, 2013

Many thanks folks. Appreciate the kind words :)

11. Smoothness May 10, 2018

Fantastic!

12. Gurn May 10, 2018

Very nice and unique. Enjoy.

13. dr1v3thru May 10, 2018

I know this is an older post but I'm glad this was brought up because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I'm a HUGE sucker for Seamasters and that one is gorgeous!

seamaster300.jpg

14. Sublime_1 May 10, 2018

That's perfect! Love the watch. I hope you and your son and the generations to come enjoy it.

15. chanbar May 10, 2018

Nice story and i really like the red bezel!

16. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 10, 2018

After a couple years, I feel funny responding unless I'm drinking.

Still wish I'd hear from Ed.

17. Batchelor Oct 6, 2018

I will also dredge up this old thread as I just purchased this watch after lusting after it for years.
    It will serve as a unique reminder of the Olympics in my near home city.
    Still looks great and different from the usual blue and black.

And to thbe original poster, congrats on your son, I’m sure he is a fine young boy by now.