Forums Latest Members
  1. PowerChucker Nov 2, 2016

Hi all! Im new here, obviously, lol. I have been over at WUS since 2010, and in that time I have loved Rolex, and have dreamed of some day wearing one. I had always had a dislike for Omega, I dont know why, something about the design just didnt click with me. then about a week or 2 ago I was bored of the threads over there, and I use tapatalk when im not at work, so I came over here, and the more I looked and read, the more I realized I really like Omega, more specifically, the Seamaster 300 pro co-ax, I see it called the SMP-c, now I cant stop looking at pics of it, and I now want this more than any other watch. the Blue, and Black versions are both beautiful with the cool red text on the dial, and the shiny ceramic bezel, and the see through sword hands. basically I have seen there is alot of value in Omega, and now that I have given it a chance I see what I have been missing! I have been into watches for years, Divers mostly, I have flipped over a dozen watches in the past 4-5 months, all affordable watches, as I dont have the means to buy an Omega yet. my simple collection now is just 4 cheap watches
    Helm Vanuatu V2
    Karlskrona Baltic Shield
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio MDV-106
    I love chunky Tool Divers, and will now be trying to buy/sell/trade my way into a used SMP-c.
    thats all, just wanted to say HI! and that I now see how Awesome an Omega can be.

2. ulackfocus Nov 2, 2016

Welcome! That orange & black Seiko in your avatar is pretty nice. :thumbsup:

Now, a few things you'll need to know so you don't WUSsie up the place...... we do NOT do the following threads:

1) "One Watch for ___________" (fill in zombie apocalypse, getting stranded on a desert island with or without Jessica Alba, $XXXX, or to handle all occasions.

2) "What watch = what car?"

3) "Can I shower / sauna / hot tub with my __________?" (usually a dive watch like a Submariner)

To curtail a lengthy post, we try to keep the signal to noise ratio high here. You can have some fun, and thread drift is certainly welcome. Just don't make me break out the WUS repellent. ;) :p

Willem023, Taddyangle, Jwit and 2 others like this.
  3. Schmedsc Nov 2, 2016

Welcome!
    Frequenting this forum is hazardous to your bank account.:rolleyes: Good luck on your search for a SMP-c.

Kevin

Syrte and PowerChucker like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2016

Don't look back. This place is more like your favourite bar. Except with knowledge.

5. PowerChucker Nov 2, 2016

Thanks for the welcome all! And thanks for the advice, but don't worry I hate all those kinds of threads too! They make me want to reach through the internet and slap the OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ulackfocus Nov 2, 2016

You'll fit right in here then. :thumbsup:

7. PowerChucker Nov 2, 2016

And the good thing about a used SMPc is that the prices are much more in line with reality!

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 2, 2016

Omega all the quality of Rolex at 1/2 the price.

Odd they are the 2 most head to head brands yet so dissimilar.

tpatta likes this.
  9. PowerChucker Nov 2, 2016

Yeah I can't tell you how many Rolex vs Omega threads I've seen at WUS over the years, Omega can hold its own pretty well against any brand I feel, but yeah the prices are pretty uneven. Makes me think Omega is a better value because people put them up against watches costing twice as much. Not that Rolex is bad, I just don't know if the price reflects the value of the watch

Edited Nov 2, 2016
  10. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 2, 2016

Omega usually flies under the radar, as most don't know the wide range of watches that are offered. I think probably the exception is the one you are looking to purchase. :)

Even if noticed, they don't carry the same stigma as wearing a Rolex.

And welcome. I use to visit WUS, but don't go there very often. I tried last week, but couldn't find a thread in the Omega forum interesting enough to even open and read.

11. PowerChucker Nov 3, 2016

Thank you! thats why I came here, some times things get stale there, I only hanf out in the dive watch, and affordable watch forum, and some times the Seiko/Citizen forums, but lately its been just the same old thing over and over. and too many arguments in threads.
    you mentioned flying under the radar, when I think of Omega, I think about the Co-ax escapement, now to me that seems like a pretty big technological advancement, when I think about Rolex, as much as I love the Sub, and Sea Dweller, im not sure they have done anything in their movements thats as advanced. I could be wrong, the Parachrom hair spring, and things like that, but it doesnt seem to add up to what Omega has done.
    am I way off base here?

12. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 8, 2016

Hello and welcome. I agree that the SMPc is a handsome watch, but my preference would be for the slightly earlier 225X iteration. OK, so no co-axial but the bombproof 1120 movement, wave dials and sword hands more than compensates. Eye candy below :)

22545000.png

2255.80 a.k.a "The Electric Blue"

Sunny Blue.jpg

13. jud Nov 8, 2016

Sounds like you'll fit in fine, just make sure you on to your wallet.