Forums Latest Members
  1. watchestelltime Feb 2, 2017

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I have been for a year or two on the Canadian Watch Forum (CWC), I am located in Toronto area. I was mainly into Rolex watches but about couple of months ago I started reading about the Speedmaster more deeply and wanted to have one. With all the different models it was hard to pick one as I only wanted one in my collection. My love went for the "Speediorite" and what a surprise it was when I visited a small town Omega AD and saw that they had one in the store!! I was excited and bought it right there. SInce it was 6 years at the AD I asked that the movement be serviced which the AD agreed to and the watch was immediately sent to Swatch for service. Can't wait to receive the watch !
    With this new love found for the Omega Speedmaster line I thought I should join this forum as well.

Will post pictures once I finally get the watch (It's been two weeks already so maybe in a week or two, fingers crossed).

Ahhhh , waiting can be so hard sometime...

semper_shells likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 2, 2017

Welcome fellow Canadian! What part of the country are you in?

3. repoman Feb 2, 2017

Welcome... that's a great story with the Speedyorite, and a fantastic choice for your first Speedy. There has been a lot of discussion over the last ~12 months about the availability of new-old-stock Speedyorites. About a year ago, Omega collected up all the remaining ones they could find at AD's and brought them back to the boutiques to offer to their VIP client lists. Those sold off very quickly. Since then, a small number have popped up, one was at my local boutique two weeks ago already on hold, and now you managed to find another. Enjoy!

4. watchestelltime Feb 2, 2017

I am in Toronto, Ontario.

oddboy likes this.
  5. watchestelltime Feb 2, 2017

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw it at the AD and luckily it was not on hold so I didn't think long before pulling the trigger :)

6. watchestelltime Feb 2, 2017

The Speedyorite under the very bright light at the AD looks all scratched up due the meteorite dial and the markings really come to shine under the bright light which makes the watch appear scratched and kind of vintage. So people who are not familiar with this timepiece might think "I am not paying 10K for this". I think this is the reason that there are still a few of these rare models still unsold at the ADs or it took long time to sell them out. IMHO

7. watchestelltime Feb 25, 2017

It finally came in, just picked it up, very unique beauty indeed IMG-20170225-WA0006.jpeg

TheKomoman, Cosd, ahartfie and 8 others like this.
  8. i20rider Feb 25, 2017

Welcome to the club brother

9. watchestelltime Feb 25, 2017

Thanks [emoji4]

10. watchestelltime Feb 28, 2017

So I have the watch now for a few days but I find winding this watch 'difficult' . The crown is so close to the case and the sharp edges around the crown hurt my fingers when winding it. I have owned other manual wound watches and I usually love the interaction with the watch winding it but this one is uncomfortable, it hurts my finger tips / edges. What do you guys do to wind the speedmaster?
    I know this is my first speedmaster with this caliber but I understand that all speedmasters are the same when it comes to winding them. I love everything about the watch and is super nice and comfortable to wear, it's just the uncomfortable winding that bothers me. Any tips? Would like to hear from other speedmaster owners.
    Thanks in advance

11. marcn Enough space to say witty Feb 28, 2017

Try with the case back facing up towards you.

12. TNTwatch Feb 28, 2017

Something may be not normal there, it should very easy to wind. You should try to compare with another one or two to see if there's any difference.

13. watchestelltime Mar 3, 2017

After few more days now there seems to be less resistance and it is becoming more smooth. Maybe I just need to get used to it