New lady member from the UK

Hiya folks, long time lurker here in a bid to educate myself, but figured I'd learn much more by participating. 😀

Will admit I'm largely a bargain basement furkler for vintage ladies watches - a "thing" born out of lockdown. My much-loved Seiko quartz called it quits, and nowhere was open to get it looked at, so bought an early 70s Gradus automatic for £7.50 off the 'bay to tide me through instead.

And got hooked. Whoopsss. 😗

That aside, I have two cats, judge at cat shows, mess around with bicycles and keep a motor racing archive.
Edited:

Welcome. Always nice to see others from the distaff side.

I too like the low end of the bargan basement. Always looking for rusty grody old watches to clean up and restore.

Welcome. We have quite a large UK membership on the forum along with a small but growing number of female members.

Welcome. Always nice to see others from the distaff side.

I too like the low end of the bargan basement. Always looking for rusty grody old watches to clean up and restore.

Thank you 😀 I'm not to be trusted with small parts, alas. But I do have fun looking for stuff among the junk. Thinking outside the box can often yield a nice little gem.

Welcome! Now how about some photos of those cats?

Welcome! Now how about some photos of those cats?

Of course! 😀 Mesdames Poppy (tortie) and Lexi (blue & white). Both girls are rescue cats homed from Ely & District CP. Poppy was an unwanted kitten - I've had her since she was three and a half months old, and she'll be 14 in September. Lexi came from a cat hoarder as a young adult with a suitcase full of emotional baggage. She'll be 11 in a couple of weeks. Love both to bits. 🥰

IMG_3306_small.jpg

IMG_4708_small.jpg

Of course! 😀 Mesdames Poppy (tortie) and Lexi (blue & white). Both girls are rescue cats homed from Ely & District CP. Poppy was an unwanted kitten - I've had her since she was three and a half months old, and she'll be 14 in September. Lexi came from a cat hoarder as a young adult with a suitcase full of emotional baggage. She'll be 11 in a couple of weeks. Love both to bits. 🥰

IMG_3306_small.jpg

IMG_4708_small.jpg
Two very beautiful and long lived cats, welcome

Wellcome!
Now I have to stop writing Guys in my posts!
😉

And cat pictures....😁

IMG_1217 2.JPG

Thanks ever so much for the very warm welcome. 😀

Madam Lexi excelled herself this morning by dragging in a rat that measured around a foot from nose to tail. She got extra chicken at lunchtime in lieu of services rendered.

Hiya folks, long time lurker here in a bid to educate myself, but figured I'd learn much more by participating. 😀

Will admit I'm largely a bargain basement furkler for vintage ladies watches - a "thing" born out of lockdown. My much-loved Seiko quartz called it quits, and nowhere was open to get it looked at, so bought an early 70s Gradus automatic for £7.50 off the 'bay to tide me through instead.

And got hooked. Whoopsss. 😗

That aside, I have two cats, judge at cat shows, mess around with bicycles and keep a motor racing archive.
Great that you stuck your head above the parapet and welcome from another Hampshire UK member. Plenty of stuff going on in your world to keep you busy and then all this stuff here.

Welcome from a fellow lady enthusiast, and thanks for introducing your charming cats !

Wellcome!
Now I have to stop writing Guys in my posts!
😉

And cat pictures....😁

IMG_1217 2.JPG
Hey man; read the room- Should have never said “guys” to begin with. 😉
Thankfully your endearing cat picture will blunt the offense.

Welcome from a fellow lady enthusiast, and thanks for introducing your charming cats

Thank you 😀 Although "charming" is something of a misnomer when it comes to the girls, as one bites and the other biffs... 😟

That aside, I've thoroughly enjoyed looking at some of the watches you post. 👍

Thank you 😀 Although "charming" is something of a misnomer when it comes to the girls, as one bites and the other biffs... 😟

That aside, I've thoroughly enjoyed looking at some of the watches you post. 👍

Gee whiz, you must have been lurking for a good while then as I haven’t posted watches in months. Glad you enjoyed it though.