Forums Latest Members
  1. Ssunnylee24 May 2, 2017

my Omega is the Speedmaster FOIS.
    I got it as a wedding present but didnt operate well out of the box and its now being taken care of by Omega.

IMG_0658.JPG
    Rodmar, ahartfie and WYO_Watch like this.
  2. ras47 May 2, 2017

Welcome, and congrats on the wedding! Omega will get you sorted out. Sweet wedding gift too. My Speedmaster Co-Axial Moonwatch Chrono is also in for repairs. But this is an elective repair. I got the watch for a song, but it had a dented bezel. Didn't effect the movement or watch integrity - strictly cosmetic. Anyway, I figure that I might as well get it fixed up and made perfect, especially for less than $200, and considering how little I paid for this Speedy in the first place. But it will be absolutely pristine when I get it back. The real downside was that the Omega Boutique I use doesn't have the jigs to handle the new 44.25mm Speedmasters so it had to be sent to New York City for the repair. Hopefully I get it back in the next day or two. It's been three days since I dropped it off.

3. Ssunnylee24 May 2, 2017

Thank you for the warm welcoming to the community!
    You know, I was pretty dissapointed by the fact that the watch did not work right out of the box. The first hour I worn, I found it it had stopped on me.
    Well, I am glad it wasm't a grey market, though they are not too hars to repair (by reputable watch makers). Though, I am with out the Omega for past 2 months, when I get the watch back i feel like I would enjoy more.

4. ras47 May 2, 2017

Very disappointing that the watch had problems straight out of the box. And also very rare. But that's little consolation to the guy that gets the dud.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  5. McJamesT May 3, 2017

Welcome to the forums! Sad to hear your wedding present didn't work so well out of the box but once back from Omega, you are going to love it! Congrats!