New guy in need of help please - 1310 Hand Size

Hi all,

Would anybody happen to know the center seconds hand hole size for the cal 1310?

I received the watch today and I'm fixing the it up for my 11 year old son, it was sold as spares or repair as the crystal / bezel had been knocked off along with the seconds hand (all original parts supplied with the watch).

Good news: I had a correct sized gasket in my spares box so bezel / crystal are now back on. A bit of polywatch and a Renata 386 it's looking good.

Bad news: Seconds hand was snapped on arrival so I need to source a new (silver) one

I've looked online with but no luck, the only tech guides I can find unfortunately do not include hand part numbers or hole sizes. (They suggest to refer to tech guide 3-1310, which I cannot find available online).

If anybody has an idea I would be forever grateful.

Many thanks,
Fog

Edit: I just realised I may have posted this in the incorrect place, apologies if so.
Edited:

Welcome to the forum, sorry I cannot answer the technical questions but a picture may help others give better answers.

Welcome to the forum, sorry I cannot answer the technical questions but a picture may help others give better answers.
Thanks for the welcome. A few photos, the first few are from the listing, as you can see the seconds hand looks to be intact albeit bent. I assume it was fractured and finally gave up the ghost during shipping.

I have installed what remains of the hand to allow me to check accuracy, which has been superb so far.

I've also knocked out some dents and rebrushed the clasp which was pretty beat up.

Screenshot_20231005_163715_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20231005_163720_eBay.jpg
20231005_144525.jpg
20231005_155122.jpg 20231005_104852.jpg
20231005_163026.jpg
RvtYKcC

Wow, you did a pretty amazing job on that clasp. Are you a professional watchmaker?
as for the seconds hand specs, maybe @Archer @JimInOz or @STANDY can help?

Wow, you did a pretty amazing job on that clasp. Are you a professional watchmaker?
as for the seconds hand specs, maybe @Archer @JimInOz or @STANDY can help?
I'm just a hobbyist Syrte. I picked up a broken JW Benson pocket watch about 10 years ago, I'd always been facinated by mechanical movements, so bought a few watch repair books, some tools, oils and have tinkered with watches ever since.

Lucky you!
Just found these and will send one FOC if the watch is for a young one.
Let me know which length you need.

Looks like you have it sorted. You can also check the Ranfft database. Some of the material houses also have links to the datasheets.
usually these are around 2 tenths of a milimeter.

Lucky you!
Another Amazing OF story of generosity 👍

Lucky you!
Hi Michael, thank-you very much. I'd be more than happy to pay, effective length from centre to tip is 12mm.

Looks like you have it sorted. You can also check the Ranfft database. Some of the material houses also have links to the datasheets.
usually these are around 2 tenths of a milimeter.
Thanks Sheepdoll, been chasing my tail all day unfortunately these specs seem a little elusive. I thought I had struck it lucky on Cousins but it was the incorrect hand with no spec available.

Hi Michael, thank-you very much. I'd be more than happy to pay, effective length from centre to tip is 12mm.

Private message me please, I will get one sent out tomorrow 👍
No charge, I sometimes have to redeem myself from all the evil I do in this world. 😁

Private message me please, I will get one sent out tomorrow 👍
No charge, I sometimes have to redeem myself from all the evil I do in this world. 😁

Micheal, once again I'd like thank-you for your generosity in helping me out, an absolute credit to this forum.

Thanks for the welcome. A few photos, the first few are from the listing, as you can see the seconds hand looks to be intact albeit bent. I assume it was fractured and finally gave up the ghost during shipping.

I have installed what remains of the hand to allow me to check accuracy, which has been superb so far.

I've also knocked out some dents and rebrushed the clasp which was pretty beat up.

Screenshot_20231005_163715_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20231005_163720_eBay.jpg
20231005_144525.jpg
20231005_155122.jpg 20231005_104852.jpg
20231005_163026.jpg
RvtYKcC
Well done, Sir! And the generosity showed for the hand help is why I have grown so fond of this place so quickly. Quite a group here, for sure!

Micheal, once again I'd like thank-you for your generosity in helping me out, an absolute credit to this forum.

Ah, a nice happy ending, a pleasure 👍

Cheers, Michael

Cédric from EBay for the black hands
Thanks all sorted now, although my lad now has his heart set on a mid size wave dial, so the plan is to move this one and a few of the less worn from own collection on to fund it. Kids eh!