New Forum Member Saying Hello

Found this forum while trying to find out about 1960's Omega Seamaster 300 dive watch, the Ref 166.024.
In my teenage years in Japan growing up on an U.S. Air Force Base, I spent all my weekends snorkling and scuba diving. My first summer job earnings went to a new Zodiac Sea Wolf sold at the government military base retail store, which also sold Rolexes, Omegas and Seiko too. I just liked the look of the Zodiac's black dial. Years later I lost it.
Now in my retirement years, I thought how cool it would be to find something like the 1960's Omega dive watch. I would have a chance to "correct" my Zodiac buy and get a "real" dive timepiece this time. I'm not a collector so the watch is just for wearing and as long as it is working properly, condition is not a real issue.
I have owned some nice timepieces like Blancpain, Jaeger Lecloutre, Patek, Lange & Sohn, Audemars Piguet, I.W.C. etc. My current daily wear is Fortis Spacematic from 1962 that the son of the founder of Fortis presented to the astronaughts of the Gemini Program. I bought it in working condition but missing the bezel and steel bracelet; I succeeded in finding a suitable non-OEM new bezel and sized it in myself along with a vintage style steel mesh bracelet. I think it is a cool piece with 750 feet water resistance, beefy steel case and comfy 35mm diameter case. Anyway I just wanted to say I look forward to joining you all.
Edited:

Thanks for the nice intro and welcome to the forum, hope you get to enjoy it.

Another welcome! Is yours the Spacematic AR? White or black dial? would love to see it

2f4311e8110ff61ae8d0d30f550c2b66bb5a7c1b.jpeg