Forums Latest Members
  1. theitalian Nov 9, 2015

Hi All
    Just received my fathers watch back after paying for a new bracelet to be fitted by Omega UK to find that the new bracelet is only plated on the front facing surface and not all around as the original?
    Quite disappointed but wondering whether its me being picky and I should just accept it like this?
    Photos below (last one the original bracelet)
    Your advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 9, 2015

If it's not what you wanted return it. I wouldn't think you would even have to ask.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 9, 2015

That is likely the closest match they have. They should take it back if it's not what you wanted. I take it that Omega returned the old bracelet. It should be a simple matter to have it refitted.

If all you want to do is wear the watch, it should be just fine. It is not a major collector's grade piece. No one will ever notice the difference.

Except you, of course.
    gatorcpa

4. theitalian Nov 9, 2015

Thanks for the advice gatorcpa.
    You're right the watch is not a collectors piece but holds sentimental value to me. They did return the original bracelet also but I was kinda hoping the new one would just refresh the watch a bit, which admittedly does, but it just looks a little odd/cheap looking now and not what was expected from the £210 cost. I guess I was expecting better from Omega?

5. Canuck Nov 9, 2015

You are very limited as to choices for a bracelet that will fit that watch! The case lugs are not a standard lug style that would enable Omega to offer a lot of choice. The new bracelet is totally different in construction to the original, being made of (as it appears) solid steel milled links. The original was made of flat steel stampings rolled to form the centre links. I am certain that the bracelet they fitted it with, is dedicated to the case end link design. And that you may have only two choices. Live with the new one, or put the old one back on. Or have Omega plate the whole bracelet.