Posts
442
Likes
2,082
What a story about that book Seiji! They ask me photos and then nothing…🤷🏻‍♂️😀
I miss Jenny. Not a fan of Mr Hug…It was nice to see you some years ago in St Imier my friend.
Please, who is Jenny? I'm a noobie when it comes to Longines the company.
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
4,397
Please, who is Jenny? I'm a noobie when it comes to Longines the company
She was the Heritage museum head. Stephanie Lechat was the Brand Heritage global head officer. Daniel Hug is the new officer.
 
Posts
7,057
Likes
13,017
@Seiji Lépine
So You can answer my question... would be amazed if the Gemini VIII watch is mentioned in the book (nor is probably the world-famous Longines ladies watch worn by Aviatrix Amelia Earhart 1897-1937 and taken onboard the ISS in 2010 by astronaut Shannon Walker ?)
topic:
 
Posts
6,465
Likes
21,982
The museum is never truly "Open". It's really by appointment only as you found out after walking probably through most of the factory before you got to the museum.

Good to note for others wanting to visit. We had appointments, which were easy enough to make. However, we did not go through the factory. (I don't recall why.)
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,378
In my opinion, Longines is doing everything right. Omega, could you please look at Longines? They are less expensive, better style, and they use a second hand. Just saying.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
4,397
@Seiji Lépine
So You can answer my question... would be amazed if the Gemini VIII watch is mentioned in the book (nor is probably the world-famous Longines ladies watch worn by Aviatrix Amelia Earhart 1897-1937 and taken onboard the ISS in 2010 by astronaut Shannon Walker ?)
topic:
I looked, but I don't see the 13.33z that was given to her. I actually looked through the whole book and don't see mention of her except in the book index which says she is on page 174. The index is incorrect that that is Chapter 30 Jackie Cochran/Elenor Roosevelt. Surprizing that they didn't put her in, I don't think anyone in our group owns Einstein's watch, but that made it in. Maybe someone in the book does own that watch???

No Gemini VIII watch was mentioned.
 
Posts
7,057
Likes
13,017
Certainly looks like an interesting book, such initiatives must be applauded... thanks again for sharing!
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
4,397
Certainly looks like an interesting book, such initiatives must be applauded... thanks again for sharing!
Every story is researched, verified, and sources cited. Longines spent a great deal of time checking and verifying all stories. If it fails fact check or insufficient information, the story didn't make it. Amelia most likely wasn't contributed by an owner.
Edited:
 
Posts
211
Likes
669
Aspetto con ansia la versione italiana per vedere rappresentati il mio e gli altri orologi...
Immagina che siano tutti eccezionali
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
4,397
Aspetto con ansia la versione italiana per vedere rappresentati il mio e gli altri orologi...
Immagina che siano tutti eccezionali
Wonderful!!! Been a long time my friend!
 
Posts
665
Likes
3,189
I just ordered the book on Amazon and will receive it on Monday. I can't wait to read it page by page.

Thanks for this post.
 
Posts
63
Likes
271
I pre-ordered this book on Amazon. It should ship in a few days. They had it on sale for $97 USD on May 1st. Looking forward to receiving it.
 
Posts
63
Likes
271
I received the Longines book last night. It’s spectacular. Well worth the money.
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
4,397
A friendly insider sent me a message about Amelia Earhart's Longines 13.33z chronograph. The Longines staff of course knows all about her watch as it was in the Pioneers of Aviation article not that long ago. It seems Longines tried and tried to find the owner of her watch and couldn't get in contact with the owner. I hope it can be included in any future updates.
Edited: