Forums Latest Members
  1. Dogmann Jul 4, 2014

Hi all

This just arrived so here are a few quick pictures as I'm in too much pain to do much else or change straps yet but here is my Omega Baby PloProf 166.0250 with the 1010 movement and original dial and bezel. This is not a WatchCo version and the case looks to be in really good shape just going to see how it runs for the next couple of days before deciding if it needs a service or just a pressure test. I really don't think it needs a case refinish at this point in time but if it needs service will decide at that time if it's worth having anything done but the dial and hands still have some lume and will not be replaced or re done.

[​IMG]Omega Baby PloProf5 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]Omega Baby PloProf 4 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]Omega Baby PloProf 3 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]Omega Baby PloProf 2 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]Omega Baby PloProf by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

I will do a full write on it up soon.

Marc

2. Wolf9827 Jul 5, 2014

Dear Marc,

nice watch. I own the same one, purchased in 1984 in Germany but with a Speedmaster bracelet.
    Mine has the same dial, hands and bezel in similar condition (although the minute hand in mine has lost the orange tone -discoloured).
    DSCN0802.JPG
    Enjoy it.

Best regards.

Longbow and Dogmann like this.
  3. sulaco Jul 5, 2014

Its always great to see a nice vintage Baby Ploprof instead one of those NOS Parts put togethers.

Enjoy it

Longbow likes this.
  4. speedbird Jul 5, 2014

Oh so nice

5. ctime3 Jul 5, 2014

I like those. I actually would prefer that to the new 300 for the sole reason it has a date register. I love my speedmaster but hate the no date. Wouldn't mind getting rid of it because of that.

6. Varasc Jul 5, 2014

Chapeau!

7. Dogmann Jul 5, 2014

Hi all,
    Many thanks for all the nice comments have to admit I'm really happy with it as its in better condition then i thought it was going to be from the sellers pictures and so far it seems to be running a little under 5 seconds a day fast which i feel is pretty amazing.I have a 70's Blue Rubber Omega PloProf strap on its way for it and am also going to get an extract from the Omega Archives for it. Although I don't feel it needs a service or any case work done just now i do need to get it pressure tested. As I said unfortunately I'm in a bad way pain wise just now but when i feel better will do a full write up on it.

Marc