Forums Latest Members

New Aqua Terra Golf Omega Release

1. pianomankd Aug 5, 2017

2. pianomankd Aug 5, 2017

3. chows99 Aug 5, 2017

Omega is seemingly trying to introduce NATO to its models starting with ST. It can be a hit and miss though.

Jwit likes this.
  4. CleverUserName07 Aug 5, 2017

The vertical striping of the NATO is an interesting contrast to the horizontal dial layout. To me, the black and green combo is quite striking. In golf parlance, it isn't quite a hole-in-one but it's at least a birdie :)

5. ReturnOfUltraman Aug 5, 2017

In my opinion, the new Aqua Terra line in general is a winner. Better case shape, more symmetrical, more unique crown design, and better color variations. These look great with the golf design, but it still can't beat the classic Daniel Craig blue one. Also, none of my watches have dates, but I'm highly reconsidering adding one of these because the execution is perfect.

6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Aug 5, 2017

I've always liked the AT, but it's never been very high on my list. However with the new orange and white variation it's creeping up there, and there is something for everyone in this line now.

7. bug1124 Aug 5, 2017

That orange one is pretty nice. Could be an alternative to the polar white Rolex explorer II.

8. wilfreb Aug 5, 2017

Om not a fan of nato

9. wilfreb Aug 5, 2017

I've always been a fan of the Aqua Terra, its a all rounder, just like the Date Just and the new 41mm size it's even better

10. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Aug 5, 2017

Good job it isn't a bogey I guess ;)

I really like the white dial with orange detail. Could be my favourite aqauterra so far. I like the horizontal/venetian blind lines.

CleverUserName07 likes this.
  11. Phil h Punxatawnee Phil - now out of the shadows. Aug 5, 2017

Why have they put these up before the ones that were announced at Basel? £4000 seems excessive for an AT on a NATO strap. I have liked the orange / white version since it was first shown and am considering buying one on a rubber strap so it's a bit frustrating that they releasing new versions of a watch that hasn't yet been released.

12. ossfm Aug 5, 2017

I've tried on several AT lately. I really lusted after one for a while. I love the coaxial escapement and silicon hairspring technology. I like that they offer a 38mm. These new still still look good. I just don't like the thickness and I'm not sure about the service options in the future with Omega restricting parts.

Now I'm not sure. I think all these vintage watches have gotten me used to thinner watches. If Nomos releases a date version of the 38mm Orion with the new movement, that could be a contender. I heard somewhere that they are happy to provide parts to independents.

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 5, 2017

I love the AT, still have to see the new ones but I can day that my blue AT remains one of my favorite watches a day probably the most legible. I do like the date with down at 6 but not sure I like the horizontal pattern.

14. Madjam1966 Aug 6, 2017

Much prefer the previous vertical teak/deck dial lines. Still stunning though.

15. JSal16 Aug 7, 2017

I'm really excited to see the green model. It looks striking in the photos...

pianomankd likes this.
  16. pianomankd Aug 7, 2017

Yeah I'm excited for "in person" photos of the green to be posted. May pull the trigger on this one.

17. Hands90 Aug 7, 2017

The render of the Orange is nice but seeing the photos... I'll pass

18. kippyk Aug 7, 2017

I really don't like anything related to golf. Caddyshack being the only exception.