Forums Latest Members
  1. david85 Nov 4, 2016

Finally got a hold of the new Omega Planet Ocean with orange. The wait was a bit longer than I or the AD were thinking it would be, but either way love it. I had purchased the Speedmaster 57 back in April. My intent was to have one Speedmaster and one Seamaster at some point just not so close together. Love the watch especially once I saw it in person. Omega's website really doesn't do a lot of these watches justice. full watch.JPG watch back.JPG 2 together.JPG

GazzaK, Dogmann, alam and 9 others like this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 4, 2016

Congrats?

3. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

Congrats on this Addition. had mine but with orange rubber. awesome new look of this PO.

Have a question for you. how is the pearl centered at 12? and is there any loose movement when rotating the bezel?

OUr OB said: all the new 2016 PO have these loose bezel and alignment issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you .

Cheers

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 4, 2016

That's strange at this price point...

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

Indeed. i have already changed the watch for 2nd time. and the wnd one is much better than the 1st one, looks like it needs some tighten .

Budwieser1972 likes this.
  6. Linzer Nov 4, 2016

So the loose bezel now becomes normal?

7. billyblue Nov 4, 2016

Congratulation! I like it a lot!
    Is it the 43.5mm version?

8. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

This what i was told by OB. Also it comes like this from the factory it self. the Quality check up needs to be more accurate.

In my case it is not that big off, but noticeable when lume works on.

Would love to see if any here has this issue too.

9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

Yes. it is the 43.5mm Version.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 4, 2016

I can easily accept a defect on a watch. But if at the Boutique of any luxury brand, even a mid level brand, I was told basically that the quality and finishing of these pieces is that poor I'd turn around and look for something else. I mean, it's not like they are reducing the price of these pieces and some basic standard should be expected. A misaligned loose bezel IMO is kind of basic, if they can't get that right and expect it to be an accepted flaw then I really wonder where else are they accepting sub par craftsmanship.

Knezz, Linzer, Exarkun12 and 3 others like this.
  11. Riviera Paradise Nov 4, 2016

100% in agreement @Nobel Prize.

I don't want to spoil the OP's pleasure in the new watch purchase, but I have to say what is the bloody use having a METAS certification created to show off quality standards, if you can't get a basic alignment/loose bezel issue sorted out as part of your QA?

Although we already have two data points, the OB sales person could be just BSing to make the punter feel OK - it's not just your watch, every PO watch has the same issue...almost as if it were a design feature: this is actually a high tech "quantum" bezel, you cannot really determine the state of the pip/pearl as it has multiple quantum states at the same time, hence the wobble effect:)

I got an e-mail from Rio OB this week informing that the new POs have arrived. I am not sure I will have time next week, but I might make a quick visit to check the POs for wobbly bezel issues. I really hope Omega are not just throwing this stuff out there hoping that new clients will not notice, as I will start to lose my respect for the brand pretty quickly.

Nobel Prize, Omeg@007 and Exarkun12 like this.
  12. Exarkun12 Nov 4, 2016

That's strange, i've tried them on in an OB and the bezels didn't seem loose to me...i also checked if they were centred, and they all seemed to be. This was in the UK mind, maybe it could be a batch issue? In any case I would not accept a loose bezel!

Omeg@007 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  13. Exarkun12 Nov 4, 2016

And congrats David85 that is a nice watch!!!!

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

Well wat i mean by loose is, there is a very tiny losse movement when rotating and not a wobble issue .

15. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

Great!...i sm.waiting for your feed back and photos to see the bezel at you OB how they are :)

16. meganfox17 Nov 4, 2016

I did a comparison between my old faithful PO 600 Co Axial LM Blue Ti 45.5 vs the new PO MC in the OB in my hometown in Malaysia.
    To avoid bias , I also requested 2 of the Omega boutique Sales Assistant to be
    " blind folded " & each of them in turn to rotate the unidirectional bezel of watch A then followed by watch B using the following criteria
    ■ looser or tighter
    ■ Any wiggling or wobbling
    ■ The quality of sound of the rotating bezel as its clicks cleanly into each of its 30 second setting

The Overall Conclusion :
    ■The old PO 600 Ti LM rotating bezel is firmer & sturdier
    ■There is no bezel interplay in both watches.
    ■The New PO 600 MC bezel just offers lesser resistance & effort to turn . I believe it would be even easier to turn the bezel underwater & that makes it Diver Not-So Friendly so that's another point of contention

I have never had the opportunity to turn the Divers bezels of the highest Swiss quality out there but of all the brands I have tested so far ,the best bezel action play - Solid ,Distinct ,Smooth , the 0ne that I really had so much pleasure turning is actually a German Tool watch brand :
    Damasko DK10 + DK11

17. david85 Nov 4, 2016

I would say the pearl is centered and the bezel is pretty tight. As this is my first I can't say if it's different than the ones before. But I would not say the bezel is lose at all.

Exarkun12 and Omeg@007 like this.
  18. david85 Nov 4, 2016

Yes, 43.5 mm. Yeah I like it a lot. Obviously the other end of the spectrum from the '57, which is what I was going for.

I will say after a closer look, the pearl is for sure centered. The bezel has some resistance to the turn. There is nothing about the bezel that makes me think there is a quality issues. I did read about others having either a wobble or what have you. It sounds like my watch is probably the 3rd or 4th batch to hit the US. Sounds like maybe it was an issue with a single batch.

19. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Nov 4, 2016

I kinda agree about the batches. looks like in the recent batches they have started to tighten the bezel. my bezel too had a kind of resistant when it rotates and feels great. the cdntered pearl, sometimes i see it center and sometimes not. this could be because of eye trick!

20. guelerct Nov 4, 2016

Ugh, now this will be on your mind for months to come. My OCD would constantly look for the slightest hint of a defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeg@007 likes this.