Forums Latest Members

New Addition: Tudor Canadian MilSub

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 26, 2016

Wanted to share the latest addition with you guys. I was fortunate to purchase this 94010 Tudor MilSub from a retired Royal Canadian Navy diver. It was his friend's issued watch that he smuggled out for personal use. Funny story, as he tucked it in his wetsuit on a dive, told the dive officer that the clasp broke and it fell off on the dive, and they simply wrote it off and issued him another. Great gent that sold it to me and really cool to talk to these former divers.

Final note - I was working with terrible pictures and an elderly gent, so didn't fully know what to expect in terms of case condition. Needless to say, it has never seen a polishing wheel. Original bevels still intact!

IMG_9216.JPG IMG_9219.JPG IMG_9220.JPG IMG_9222.JPG

2. Jminchoi Mar 26, 2016

Nice watch and anecdote, very cool that you were able to pick it up from the original owner. Wear in good health!

WatchShopping and bazamu like this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 26, 2016

So you are possession of stolen government property! You'll have the RCMP after you my lad! Given the way law is administered here you'll be in more trouble for that then if you'd actually committed a crime.

Many years in Kingston Pen await you.

oh well.......
    At least you'll have a nice watch to wear.

And you'll likely be out in 6 hours if you behave.

Half that if you write a letter of complaint to the CBC

Mark020, KingCrouchy and Foo2rama like this.
  4. dx009 Mar 26, 2016

A metal bracelet for a navy issued watch ? Jesus...

5. agee Mar 26, 2016

Have you written down the original owner's name and years of service?
    Would be nice to have him write a letter of provenance to keep with the watch

6. Rman Mar 26, 2016

Very cool. Don't think i've seen an hour hand like that sans mercedes.

7. RCAFBuster Mar 26, 2016

The Lollipop was used late in the service history of the RCN Subs. Mine (4th from left) Is actually a Snowflake, but with the Lollipop Hour and sweep seconds hands swapped at service. So, the watchmaker bench must have been out of snowflakes.
    Cheers,
    Buster
    RCN Tudor Milsubs.JPG

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 26, 2016

Great stuff, Buster! Are the casebacks all identical (just serial number stamped)?

9. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 26, 2016

He apparently has sent a letter with all of the details written down. I also have asked for the ship names that he served on, as well as the years that he served. Hopefully should paint a fairly complete picture!

10. RCAFBuster Mar 26, 2016

All casebacks are different. Some are devoid of markings and some have 'dremmel tool' hand engraved numbers. Yours is the most formal engraving I've seen.
    Buster

11. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 26, 2016

I don't know that it was issued with bracelet. May have been purchased after its "liberation" since the RCN diver continued to use it as a dive watch for many years.

Edited Mar 26, 2016
  12. RCAFBuster Mar 26, 2016

I'm glad to hear that you've got a Provenance Letter coming, as this is the only true testament to it's heritage.

13. RCAFBuster Mar 26, 2016

From my information, almost all came with a metal bracelet, which a lot of guys either left at Supply, or took off at home in favour of a NATO/ Velcro style.

bazamu likes this.
  14. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 26, 2016

What an awesome story, and a bad ass watch. Enjoy it!

15. RCAFBuster Mar 26, 2016

I have one that has never had a metal bracelet attached, not one marking, which speaks very well for the military provenance on the piece.

16. arkstfan Mar 26, 2016

Hope the statute of limitations has passed. Nice watch. Looks hot ;)

bazamu likes this.
  17. Kirkschroder Feb 11, 2019

Hey man, I know it's an old post, but do you still have this watch? I have 107299. 19 away from yours, same story. Navy issued fella!

Dan S and shishy like this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 12, 2019

This one is mine - bought from a ship's diver years ago. No marking on the case back, and case serial number has been removed...

[​IMG]

19. Janne2000 Feb 25, 2019

Awesome milsub!!

20. Frankg Jun 21, 2021

Hello All. I'm new to the forum, but am an avid collector. I just purchased a Tudor Sub 94010 Snowflake, circa 1980, in very good condition. The person I bought it from said he bought it from the family of a clearance diver stationed at Victoria who died a few years ago. That is not very reliable provenance but it sort of fits with the serial number which places it very close to the serial no. of a proven RCN Tudor Sub. Do you know who, if anybody, is cataloguing RCN Tudor serial numbers?