Forums Latest Members
  1. nop1in Jun 27, 2016

After a very pleasant first time buying experience on this forum (courtesy of @watchcollect), I received a watch I've been chasing for a while and couldn't be happier... although I'm a terrible photographer and the depth of the blue dial on this thing is really difficult to capture
    IMG_4300.JPG

I saw this watch in 2015 in london (in one of the comically overpriced Burlington arcade shops). Unlike my first post on here - a Ranchero from fleabay with some dubious authenticity - I actually spent a little more time doing my homework on this and learning about the 176 family. The 176 thread on this forum was a wonderful resource https://omegaforums.net/threads/176...-the-speedmaster-125-conspiracy-theory.38904/
    IMG_4303.JPG
    My rather themeless collection is here (not pictured - a knackered old Tag aquaracer and a Rolex GMT I foolishly lent to my brother)

IMG_4299.JPG

Next on the wishlist is the 176.007 in grey face, perhaps a flightmaster 911, Mk2 Speedmaster

GregH, dialstatic, Lonestar and 6 others like this.
  2. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 27, 2016

Congrats on the 176.007, and nice family shot! :thumbsup: My 007 has a similar dial and I am also terrible at capturing its beauty.

watchcollect likes this.
  3. nop1in Jun 27, 2016

Thanks again- certainly tough to capture but not to gaze at all day! guide is excellent and its particularly satisfying personally to be able to spot spurious listings based on it.

If you're still collecting serial numbers I'll pm you

4. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 27, 2016

I am, thanks ;)

5. spaniard Jun 28, 2016

Nice watch! I just got one too. Was tossing up between the sunburst dial or the matt blue version. Both are great.
    Its brother says hi :

[​IMG]

nop1in, GregH, Andy K and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jun 28, 2016

Very Nice!!! Gotta love the 176.007... actually, any 1040-based watch looks killer because of the visual tension coming from asymetry of the subdials. If you factor in some 70's chromatics, the plane-shaped seconds hand tip, and the perfecfly proportioned C-case in there, these are among my favourites :)

Mine says hi!

[​IMG]

Paul

nop1in, GregH, Andy K and 1 other person like this.
  7. fjf Jun 28, 2016

VERY pretty watches!!.:)