Forums Latest Members
  1. Ascalon Jun 16, 2021

I like to learn about watch technology, and have often bought watches because of the movement rather than the name.

One such example was this handsome example:
    [​IMG]
    A Zeish 7750 Pilot.

As far as I can tell, though there is scant information to be had, it is an Italian domestic brand that sounds German but used good quality Swiss movements. This is a flieger style chrono with an ETA 7750 movement.

There reason I am posting here is that I have never seen another on of its kind. I have tracked down a few other Zeish watches but nothing like this.

The brand appears to be defunct but I can find no information at all about the company, despite multiple avenues of research and many postings on enthusiast fora.

It appears to be 90s era, features a high quality stainless case, with a 50m WR and a screw down crown. I have it on a Strapcode double rivet strap for that authentic cockpit look. The lume certainly looks like a post-tritium type thing, which would put it mid-90s perhaps.

It is a nice piece, given that it is, so far as I can tell, more or less unique, an oddity in itself.

If anyone has any information on the brand or any way to date a 7750 movement, let me know.

2. Fallout Boy Jun 16, 2021

I doubt, that Zeish is a german name. Sounds like ZEISS - and probably intended :)

Edited Jun 16, 2021
    apsm100 likes this.
  3. Ascalon Jun 16, 2021

While that might be true on the name, the origins appear otherwise.

4. WhiteThorn Jun 17, 2021

Edited Jun 17, 2021
    Ascalon likes this.
  5. Ascalon Jun 18, 2021

6. WhiteThorn Jun 19, 2021

So you are trying to sell the watch??

7. Ascalon Jun 21, 2021

Yeah. It is an oddball, and I've enjoyed owning it, but I'm moving a few pieces on and trying to reduce the herd.

WhiteThorn likes this.