Need your opinion on this Ranchero

Hello my fellow enthusiasts, I need your opinion on this Ranchero regarding its originality as well as the current market value. The watch looks legit to me...

ranchero1.png ranchero6.png ranchero4.png ranchero5.png ranchero3.png ranchero2.png

Any Ranchero expert here to help? Thank you in advance!

Before the real experts chip in;
- I cannot see the movement number on the photo, but the serial seems to be in the correct range. I have a 16356xxx.
- I think this is the correct flat foot crown
- Lume at the hands makes it unattractive, also because it doesn't match the lume at the dial
- Regarding the lume at the dial. I like the dark brown color, but I'm not sure how it will look in real life. The photos seem a bit overengineered. Also I don't like how it's nearly washed away at 6 and 10pm markers
- Seconds hand correct, but a bit aged

Overall, I think it checks out, but not sure if it's a really attractive example in real life.

I’d like better photos. At first glance it appears authentic to me, but it’s not an attractive example because the lume on the hands and the hour markers is in poor condition. What’s the price? Here’s a photo of my Ranchero for comparison:
upload_2023-11-8_5-16-47.jpeg

Asking for USD 5500, slightly negotiable. No EoA.

Too much for this example and an EOA and Geiger counter test is essential for a Ranchero purchase.

Agree with @gbesq regarding the valuation. Attractive examples would fetch 5-7k. If you like the watch for wearing, I would not spend more than 4k on it (assuming it's correct).

Too much for this example and an EOA and Geiger counter test is essential for a Ranchero purchase.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Agree with @gbesq regarding the valuation. Attractive examples would fetch 5-7k. If you like the watch for wearing, I would not spend more than 4k on it (assuming it's correct).
Thank you very much for your advice.

While I must say that an EoTa is ideal, the current situation makes it hard to obtain one. You could pass because of it, or do your research to the serial numbers, check the background of the watch, the movement into detail and then decide whether you want to take the risk (knowing that you'll might find out that it's a replaced movement)

While I must say that an EoTa is ideal, the current situation makes it hard to obtain one. You could pass because of it, or do your research to the serial numbers, check the background of the watch, the movement into detail and then decide whether you want to take the risk (knowing that you'll might find out that it's a replaced movement)
I just realise without EoA, the movement might be a replaced one... Ok, I think I have to pass it.

What does EOA stand for

Extract of Archive. It will basically tell you what was the model to which this exact movement was equipped.

Thanks. Very helpful thread. Been wanting a white Ranchero for years, still waiting for the right one.

Thanks. Very helpful thread. Been wanting a white Ranchero for years, still waiting for the right one.
You are welcome. Good luck to you.

Personally I don’t think an EoA is a must have, any more than it is with other models such as Seamaster 300’s, Speedmasters etc.
Yes it adds another layer of certainty to a purchase but if you wish to remove all risk, you’ll never buy a vintage watch.

There is a threshold beyond which one can satisfy themselves that a watch is correct and there are numerous ways of reaching that threshold. An EoA can provide some of the assurance but there are other ways, primarily around condition, correctness, seller etc.

I’d like better photos. At first glance it appears authentic to me, but it’s not an attractive example because the lume on the hands and the hour markers is in poor condition. What’s the price? Here’s a photo of my Ranchero for comparison:
upload_2023-11-8_5-16-47.jpeg

@gbesq May I ask are these numbers(3, 9, 12) lumed?

Personally I don’t think an EoA is a must have, any more than it is with other models such as Seamaster 300’s, Speedmasters etc.
Yes it adds another layer of certainty to a purchase but if you wish to remove all risk, you’ll never buy a vintage watch.

There is a threshold beyond which one can satisfy themselves that a watch is correct and there are numerous ways of reaching that threshold. An EoA can provide some of the assurance but there are other ways, primarily around condition, correctness, seller etc.
While I would generally agree with this statement for the vast majority of vintage Omegas, and an EOA is no substitute for due diligence, I would not purchase a Ranchero without an EOA simply because there isn’t another vintage Omega reference that has more redials, frankens and outright fakes. Speaking for myself, my Ranchero is the only watch in my collection for which I sought an EOA as part of the purchase. David rightly notes that an EOA doesn’t remove all risk, but when I’m going to pull the trigger on a 5k-7.5k purchase of a vintage watch that is notorious for adulterated examples, I think that an EOA is a wise choice. At the very least, it tells you that the movement has not been swapped. I was shocked at how many examples I found to be adulterated while I was shopping for mine.