Forums Latest Members
  1. Aussiegazza Jan 13, 2014

I started with this Omega when I was much younger, progressed through the '007' version and now have a new co-axial chronometer. I have looked high and low on the web, including the Omega vintage site to no avail.

Can anyone to Identify my first Omega Seamaster (quartz) and provide the model details?

I cannot find the box etc.

It needs a new battery and I can get this off inside of case back, but thought I would try here.

[​IMG]

It is all of 5mm thick in total, so a real thin watch.

Garry

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2014

Hi Garry,

Welcome to the madhouse :D

If you can post a better pic of the face and the caseback using the flower or macro button on your camera or phone it would help us to make a sound decision.

I've never seen an Omega like that, but hey, everyone did weird shit in the 70s :cool:

Another tip, if you post to your Photobucket or other host site, make your album private and only the pic you want everyone else to see public.

It's just my paranoid privacy angel talkin'

Love your bikes by the way, and the toaster! that must have been an exciting brekky :D

3. Aussiegazza Jan 13, 2014

I used close up. Best pic I can get.

I use the same user name for most forums I am a member of, so do not worry about photobucket.

Pic of back:

[​IMG]

Garry

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2014

As I said earlier, it's an unusual Omega, possibly a caliber 1430. Only way to tell for sure is pics of the inside, movement and caseback markings.

Bit early to call it so I'd like more pics to confirm.

Cheers
    Jim

5. Aussiegazza Jan 14, 2014

Calibre 1430

Model 396 1004

Cannot find it on the Omega SIte. Will email them with a question on the name etc.

Garry

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 14, 2014

I don't know that these really had a name, but there were a series of them made with different colour schemes. Some titanium and steel, some yellow gold and steel, and yours that is black and red.

The full reference for your watch head is 4SR3961004E.

Cheers, Al

7. Aussiegazza Jan 14, 2014

Thanks all for your help.

I will look at whether I can get the front and band refurbished. May not be worth it.

Garry