Forums Latest Members
  1. rzdh Sep 9, 2014

Hey guys,

I've been on the lookout for a new seamaster and found two on eBay that match what I'm looking for. They're supposedly both authentic vintage omegas from the 60's one is a chronograph and one has applied arabic numerals.

The condition seems fine, but can anyone speak to whether or not they are as original as described? I know the risks of buying a franken watch.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mens-Omega-S...61?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5b04f73f8d&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks!
    rzdh

2. Hexicon Sep 9, 2014

I would go for the Chrono ... The SM 600 is SOLD!! so I,m told :rolleyes:

3. rzdh Sep 9, 2014

Are you sure it's sold? It's still on eBay.

4. Hexicon Sep 9, 2014

Only Kidding rzdh !! ... Just trying to put you off So I can nab it :D

ron n likes this.
  5. rzdh Sep 9, 2014

Hah. Can you speak to the quality/authenticity?

6. Hexicon Sep 9, 2014

The Chrono I wont comment on as I am not familiar with that model. But the SM looks very clean & tidy .... and the price is good at the moment.

Maybe some of the more experienced members may help you out ...

7. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Sep 10, 2014

OK, I will offer what I can as there is not too much time left.

Not 100% sure about the dial on the chrono, it may be fine but I couldn't find too much to compare it with. It is likely to need a service there is a lot of gunk under the lower pusher. And to me the top right lug looks heavily polished, it may just be poor photography but it really doesn't look to clever. Also, the tritium in the hands looks black, the hands do look to be the correct length but the colour is odd, maybe a relume? Still it is in my opinion a good buy at the current price of $950 (it does have a 321 movement after all).

8. rzdh Sep 10, 2014

Thanks Shaun! What are your thoughts on the 600?

Is the plexiglass glass an issue?

9. rzdh Sep 10, 2014

Chrono went for $1975? What are people's thoughts on that price. My research said not to go over $1800.