Forums Latest Members
  1. Rosarito Jun 17, 2020

Hi all. I recently bought this DeVille for very little money. My expectations weren't high in terms of it being all original and perfect but I am pretty happy with it considering what I paid. It is a 135.018 with a cal. 601 movement, 32mm diameter case. I think it's from 1969.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask the forum.

1. The hour and minute hands are replacements. Do they seem like the appropriate size for this model? Primarily, I am wondering if the minute hand extends too far since I've seen similar models where the minute hand length stops exactly where the second hand stops, right where the minute markers begin. If I were to replace the hands, where would you recommend I find them? Ofrei is no longer selling hands for this movement.

[​IMG]

2. The crown is bent (see photo below). I believe it's the original crown but I can't confirm it. Winding works perfectly and the watch is running just fine so this defect appears to only be cosmetic at this point. I'm not sure if this would be a huge fix or minor. Would you replace the crown or leave the original in even if it can't be straightened?

[​IMG]

3. Do you see any other blaring problems with the watch? The movement is in great shape and I just had it serviced. All in all, I am happy with my purchase but I'm not confident that I know what to look for with these older Omegas.

Thanks!

Edited Jun 19, 2020
  2. Dan S Jun 17, 2020

I wouldn't mess around with the hands on a watch like this, the 32mm size represents a severe limit on the upside. If they're not correct, they are very close and the watch looks good overall. The crown is not only crooked, but it also seems to be sticking out too far, as if the stem weren't prepared correctly. There is no way it should have returned that way from a service. You should have the watchmaker address it.

Rosarito likes this.
  3. Rosarito Jun 17, 2020

Yeah, good point. I'm not sure why the crown was left like that. I'll raise it with the watchmaker. Thank you for the tips.