Forums Latest Members
  1. Watchcollector36 May 4, 2024

Hi all I have just added a 1960 Omega Geneve two tone cross hair to my watch collection and I’m looking to add the final time piece at some point later this year or when the time comes. (picture of watch attached)

1973 Constellation "C" Chronometer Vintage Mens
    Calendar Date Watch - Stainless Steel (hoping for one without a repainted dial and the movement to be automatic)

I’m quite new to the omega vintage world so any advice would be much appreciated. On where to find/difficulty to source/price…

Thank you

IMG_8177.jpeg
    Edited May 4, 2024
  2. LesXL May 4, 2024

Both sales sub-fora from this website are good places to keep an eye on.

Such Constellation watches are often listed from trusted sellers.

Here is one for the moment from Harry:
    - C-shaped

Watchcollector36 likes this.
  3. Watchcollector36 May 4, 2024

Thank you, yes that is a nice one. I’m specifically wanting a blue dial.

I’ll keep a daily eye on the sales forums.

4. LesXL May 4, 2024

You might want to check/talk with/to Mr. @kaplan

He has a fantastic talent to find C-shaped Connies. I believe he breeds them, he must have a Connie farm somewhere :D

Boojumhunter, YYTIN, speedb and 5 others like this.
  5. Aroxx Sets his watch May 5, 2024

A blue dial sounds trickier to find. I haven’t seen many, although I don’t really look at the later 168.0056/57 variants. Maybe they were more common in those funky 70s years.

6. Watchcollector36 May 5, 2024

Yes there doesn't seem to be many, the grey/silver dial seems to be more accessible. The blue dials I have seen have been repainted which I know can sometimes be a needs must due to the age and quality of some dials, but I would rather find an original ideally.

7. LesXL May 5, 2024

I believe @nanjingcigaretes had one for sale not too long ago... But I can be wrong!

He is in Asia, and might also be good to contact him as he does come around some Connies frequently. He surely could keep you in mind :)

8. noless May 6, 2024

I've not seen a 1970s c-case with the sunray finish dial, the blue dials that are out there have a vertical brush finish, and for whatever reason the blue from this era has not held up well, the silver and gold dials seem to be fine, but the silver ones the blue lacquer starts to flake especially around the tritium pips.

there are some of the somewhat more rare fume enamel gradation dials in the 1960's c-cases which crop up from time to time in blue, but certainly arent common.

9. kaplan May 6, 2024

This recent one was extremely surprising, made me wish I bid

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 21.19.38.png
    unxsr and Watchcollector36 like this.
  10. Boojumhunter May 6, 2024

Later 168.0056 versions (like your original picture) with the sunray finish are around occasionally. 168.017 version came with a very uncommon blue ombré dial... typically with a cracked/spiderweb appearance after all these years. Both are really striking watches on the wrist. Happy hunting! IMG_2735.jpeg IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_7141.jpeg
    unxsr, Aroxx, noless and 2 others like this.