Forums Latest Members
  1. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

It has been a while since I've been here. I'm on the US East Coast, not that, that really matters. I have a 2226.80.00 that has stopped running and it is overdue for a complete service. Where is the best place to send my watch? Thank you!

49398.jpg
  2. IDXM Oct 9, 2020

Bond Crazy and e46rj like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Oct 9, 2020

Modern watches are usually best factory serviced because the prices are decent and movement parts are included. For what are considered collectibles, your goals and possible loss of value need to be considered.

My 2254.50, I sent to Nesbitt's in Seattle. They are factory-authorized and do good work.

Bond Crazy likes this.
  4. e46rj Oct 9, 2020

I was also happy with the service I received from Omega and my AD that sent my 2500 PO in, took a couple months but worth it. If I was close to an OB I would have probably went that route just to see more watches while I was there!

Bond Crazy likes this.
  5. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

6. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

Thanks, I could drive to them.

7. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

Thanks!!

8. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

Where exactly did you send your watch? Thanks

9. e46rj Oct 9, 2020

Dropped it off at my closest AD which is Fink's and they sent it to the Omega Service Center in Secaucus NJ, which is one of Omegas East Coast service centers.

10. flw history nerd Oct 9, 2020

I recently got my SMPc back from its first full service - it went to the Omega service center in Seattle and came back pristine. The total turnaround time was about four weeks.
    20200919_182143.jpg

Thrasher36 and Scooterino36 like this.
  11. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

Okay thanks again!

12. Bond Crazy Oct 9, 2020

Was that Nesbitt's in Seattle?

13. SkunkPrince Oct 9, 2020

Bond Crazy likes this.
  14. flw history nerd Oct 10, 2020

I'm not sure, to be honest. I sent it out for service through my local Omega Boutique, and they confirmed that they sent it to Seattle rather than New Jersey (I'm in Michigan, so I figured that Secaucus might be closer).

BTW, if you click on the link above to look at the locations of the service centers in the US, the Seattle facility is still listed as "Swatch Group" rather than Nesbitt's.

Bond Crazy likes this.
  15. Bond Crazy Oct 10, 2020

Thanks

16. SkunkPrince Oct 10, 2020

Well I'll be darned, it is. That explains a lot. :D

17. 140dave Oct 10, 2020

For modern watches you may be better off going to Omega then through an authorized service provider like Nesbitts, only talking in regards to cost, not quality. Nesbitts service price is +/- same as Omega but they do not include exterior parts like crowns, hands etc. If those need to be replaced they are extra whereas Omega includes these parts. Straight service with no exterior parts needed, costs will be relatively the same, Nesbitt's will probably be quicker and you are supporting a family owned business.

I just talked with Nesbitts last week and they suggested Omega service on my 2531.80 as I had a stripped crown and a scratch on the hands, fantastic customer service to tell someone to save $300 by going elsewhere. They did not get my business for this service but have in the past and will again in the future because of good work and honest answers like this.

Bond Crazy likes this.
  18. Bond Crazy Oct 10, 2020

Who will you have repair your watch? Which location?

19. Cayohuesovespa Oct 10, 2020

I've used Nesbits more than once,
    Their service is the best. You talk to the owner of the multi generational family business.
    they review your watch, call you on the phone to review any service work needed and give you an estimate on the spot.
    the watches were finished in a reasonable time, and they returned the old parts as well.
    they even called on one occasion to make sure i was satisfied.
    I tried to go through Omegas service center, I may as well have been talking to a robot and i have heard that they have refused some repairs if someone else did service previously. timing with the NJ service center apparently is months at times.
    super satisfied with the work that was done and they also give you a 2.5 year warranty on work performed!!!
    just my $0.02
    good luck. give nesbits a call on the phone and I guarantee you will end up using them!

Bond Crazy likes this.
  20. Bond Crazy Oct 10, 2020

Thanks for taking the time for this long reply.