Forums Latest Members

Need information + authenticity on very "rare" UG golden shadow micro rotor 18k gold

1. Dave_Lag May 7, 2021

Hi folks! I've came across a gorgeous UG showcased at a reputable vintage watch dealer in Belgium. The only problem is that, apart from the pictures on his website, I can find no other similar UG model on the internet. It is apparently a very rare model, although no information about it what so ever online. No reference number either issued by the watch dealer. What are your opinions ? Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 15.27.35.png Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 15.27.43.png

2. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer May 7, 2021

Dealer with Heure in name? Probably grossly overpriced

3. Dave_Lag May 7, 2021

no for the name, yes for the grossly overpriced

DaveK likes this.
  4. Carlton-Browne May 7, 2021

There is a both a case reference and a serial number on the case back - though perhaps a little tricky to read. I can't say it rings any alarm bells for me - it's not the most common Golden Shadow but I don't think this shape is completely unattainable though the double-signed element is nice. I'd struggle to pay more than €800-€1k for a Golden Shadow as they continue to be unfashionable - I assume it's a size thing. What is the dealer asking, as a matter of interest?

Mark020 and Dan S like this.
  5. BenBagbag May 7, 2021

Rare Collectible

But if you like it go for it. Just know how small the market is for these guys, as others have said above.

6. Dave_Lag May 7, 2021

Thank you for your reply. The dealer was originally asking 2100 euros and I negotiated 1700euros (which I still think I'm getting ripped off). I love the shape of the watch and the white dial with roman numerals, cannot found another model like this one online so not much room to negotiate :/

7. Dave_Lag May 7, 2021

I just fell in love with the watch itself before I got the information it was a "rare" model

8. bgrisso May 7, 2021

Way above market value, but as long as you know that going in, just up to you how much u you like it. Never researched these models at all, sorry can’t weigh in on the details.

9. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids May 7, 2021

There's an example on Ebay going for a similarly extortionist rate, though "cheaper": https://www.ebay.com/itm/3932376342...vHy2NDMDNJ42U1m3oN6UUTq9_EWfRdqMaAh8REALw_wcBPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If you are an experienced watch collector, then do what you want. It might not be a popular model - but neither are many of my watches. The price, though, is beyond even the typical dealer's premium.

If you are newer to watches, then I would say hold on there. You will see your preferences change. And what you once thought was special will lose its luster quickly enough as you expand your knowledge.

10. Carlton-Browne May 7, 2021

You're not 10 years old, just hold your horses and play the long game. Another will come along before not very long.

11. ConElPueblo May 7, 2021

Rarity only means anything if the watch is desirable to begin with. At any time you could dig up a number of 18k dress watches that are pretty much unheard of. That this one is a UG adds only a small premium over melt + parts value.

12. Dan S May 7, 2021

Rare or not, I don't think it's particularly desirable to collectors, so the true market value is not especially high. But if you love it, and it fits your budget, and you're not concerned about resale value in the future, then buy it and enjoy it.

MRC likes this.