Forums Latest Members

Need ideas, small "thank you" gift for AD sales person

1. repoman Jul 23, 2014

Some of you have noticed I just purchased a couple watches from my Omega AD... I was seriously brain-locked and spent a LOT of time in the boutique trying on watches, and generally taking up space. Two of the sales staff were particularly patient with me and immensely helpful. I'm guessing I spent a total of 6 - 8 hours before making a decision (spread out over a couple weeks). While making my purchase, the sales person mentioned they really liked my little 10x jewelers loop, which I was using for final inspection, she asked where I got it (turns out, I walked in a jewelry store one day, asked if they sold loops, and the jeweler just gave me his on the spot! I was running good that particular day :cool: ). This is what sparked the idea to buy that sales person the same type of loop as a small token of my appreciation. It's $25 USD. I'd like to get the other sales person a gift as well - I could certainly get another loop, but think it would be better to get something different. Sales person is female, probably early 30's if that helps at all. I'd like it to be watch related in some way, something fun/casual.

Help! I need some brainstorming here.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 24, 2014

The commission on two watches would have been good. Get a watch book as I have had so many staff thank me for explaining about watches that they don't know about because the are not into watches like we are. Many times it is just a retail job for them.

(Last time I had the salesman bringing things to me to try on and asking me a bit more about them. Funny because he spilled a lot of beans about how they are told to push certain brands) Tudor at the present time...

3. woodwkr2 Jul 24, 2014

They're around watch and jewelry related stuff all day. How about a bottle of your favorite wine or sparkling in that price range with a sincere thank you note?

Matty01, epl108, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  4. NT931 Jul 24, 2014

Whatever you give to the female sales person, be sure your wife/girlfriend/significant other is aware and ... er, kept in the loop. Don't want any misunderstandings at home!

5. Siac Jul 24, 2014

A letter of commendation of the staff, to the CEO/Directors at the AD's HQ or parent company, recognition can be just as rewarding?

watchme, Matty01, pitpro and 3 others like this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 24, 2014

A note of appreciation to the boss/store manager is a great idea - most associates only hear complaints. :)

watchme, SpikiSpikester and rhetoric like this.
  7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jul 24, 2014

Most women I know would appreciate a gift certifcate for a manicure/pedicure.

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2014

Shoes and bags .... That's the shizzle they like... (Sorry for the shizzle bit)

tpatta likes this.
  9. pitpro Likes the game. Jul 24, 2014

Best idea ^

blufinz52 and citizenrich like this.
  10. ulackfocus Jul 24, 2014

A gift certificate to Bath & Body Works or a similar chic store is good.

This begs the question - is she a hottie? ;)

Als 27 and watchme like this.
  11. repoman Jul 24, 2014

Some really good ideas here guys, thank you.

I will definitely write a letter to someone higher up the food chain expressing my appreciation of these individuals.

To address the most important question, yes both are hotties, in fact everyone working in this boutique, male and female, is attractive. It's definitely part of the job description.

12. ulackfocus Jul 24, 2014

So why no pictures?

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2014

Because we have dirty old men on here. :coffee:

Als 27 and watchme like this.
  14. repoman Jul 25, 2014

ok, so I need to give some context here, because its funny, and, it will explain why no pics....

One of my earliest visits to this AD was with a buddy of mine, and we ended up having quite a nice chat with Omega hottie, lots of joking around and generally a fun time. At one point my buddy says, "I have the perfect watch picked out for you", and points to a Ladymatic. At lunch just after our AD visit, buddy says to me "hey, I'm pretty sure she thinks you and I are a couple" (i.e. gay). To which I agreed, saying it just came off that way and that it was pretty hilarious. I continued the charade at the Basel event there a week or two later, when I brought a different male friend with me. Omega hottie asked "Where is your friend George?", and I said "I brought a different boyfriend with me today" (now, somewhere along the line before this, I had made a reference to my wife and kids so I'm pretty sure she's knows I'm joking around at this point, or, she's utterly confused.

Now, onto the pic situation. You have to understand my situation. I'm turning 50 soon, and a 50 year old white guy taking a pictures of a young hottie, even late twenties or early thirties, would be hard for me to pull off without looking like a creeper. I have considered how to pull this off without the creeper factor, and I just can't see a way. I'm truly sorry :D

watchme likes this.
  15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 25, 2014

Easy peasy!

Just take a good compact camera and explain that you'd like a memento of the momento when you got your watch.

Politely ask if the two hotties would like to pose for a memory shot with you and your watch, and ask one of the other staff to take the pic or take one of your "boyfriends" along to do the shoot.

16. woodwkr2 Jul 25, 2014

Good story. But...the confused 'gentle-lady' (YOU!) doth protest too much. Just have some fun. And post some pics for us.

<BTW, my suggestion of the wine or sparkling is looking better by the moment, eh?--wait. Don't. Answer. That.>

17. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 25, 2014

Oi. I represent that remark.

18. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

Has anyone ever gone into an AD and seen a female salespeson who isn't ? If you're two decades+ older than her and have a family, then a gender neutral gift wins every time. Letter to the boss gets my vote :whistling:

blufinz52 likes this.
  19. ulackfocus Jul 25, 2014

Hey, maybe she needs a part time job. You could help out by hiring her for "domestic help". ;)

20. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 25, 2014

I certainly resent the "old" in your post ;)