Forums Latest Members

Need help with my first Seamaster purchase

1. ChrisF Dec 18, 2016

Hello everyone. I have been researching and researching online for quite a while and I have narrowed the field down to the DIVER 300 M CO-AXIAL CHRONOGRAPH 44MM
    or
    DIVER 300 M CO-AXIAL GMT CHRONOGRAPH 44 MM

I have two questions.
    1. what are your Pro's and Con's for this watch. This will be my first Omega and I am very excited to be able to purchase this one. I am leaning towards the non GMT as I am not sure how much I would use that function.

2. How do I find a reputable authorized dealer? Online or local Dealers? should I assume any discounts or sales?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2016

I'd go non GMT and hit up @Kringkily he can find what you're after

afenton and MikiJ like this.
  3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Dec 18, 2016

Have you considered a pre-owned SMP 2254.50? It would be a great way to get in the "water" with a SMP for reasonable dollars. Some of us "Old fools" would say these were some of the best SMPs ever produced :)

Nitzbar and Barada7 like this.
  4. ChrisF Dec 18, 2016

I had not considered a pre-owned. I fell in love with this particular model after trying on a few while in Chicago on a work trip. I looked up the only local seller at a "boutique" near by and while the price isn't un-affordable I question how much mark up there is.

5. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 18, 2016

I think I'd go with the non GMT but this is a subjective answer. I think you should consider the following : Bracelet comfort, functionality, and color way. I tend to lean toward a watch I could imagine myself wearing with everything I own instead of the more vibrant off setting dials.

Happy Hunting!

MP

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 18, 2016

There is no set discount to expect it varies season by season and watch by watch. Dealer to dealer. You can look at what a grey market sells it for new and try for a price a few points above that.

7. ChrisF Dec 18, 2016

Thanks for validating the non-GMT aspect. I am trying to navigate thru how to actually purchase one now without paying full retail. I definitely would like to make sure I have the warranty and coverage for any watch I spend this amount of money on. Google searching has really only shown me a price range of 3,800 to 5400 for this watch and its not easy to confirm (to me) how to find a reputable seller.

8. ChrisF Dec 18, 2016

so would you say then that the holiday season is a less than perfect season to buy in? seems like pricing has not moved from the last time I was looking up pricing but I have been spending more time researching color, band, and function.

9. ChrisF Dec 18, 2016

Thanks! that is exactly how I fell into liking this watch. I have loved the Omega look for a while. I am actually a diver for a hobby and I love the blue and yellow color of this style. the bracelet is exactly what I want and I can see myself wearing this every day.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 18, 2016

Not necessarily, but if new models had been released around Basel it can skew prices.