Need help with my British lingo…

Definitely
Easy tell
Six = Sux and Sex respectively

And many of their "i" sounds are pronounced with a distinct "e" sound.

Okay: any discernible difference between the Australian and New Zealand accents?
I have never been to Oz, but the difference to my ears is a touch of softness [*] rather like the difference in USA / Canadian accents. Eh?

Never been west of Torono (😉) in Canada either though and many in that city sounded a touch Glaswegian to me. And of course there is the patois quebecois. Learn that and many residents of Paris will mark you down as a rustic.

[*] "Softness"? Never in true Ockers!

Bollocks on its own can also have slightly different meanings. I guess it does literally translate as balls (which we also use).

Person 1, “Paddy Bamford is going to get 10 goals over the rest of the season”. Person 2 “Bollocks” (you’re talking rubbish/no he isn’t).

‘Dropping a glass which smashes’. Bollocks! (fυck/damn).

Person 2 was right.

Okay: any discernible difference between the Australian and New Zealand accents?
They talk funny in NZ

Tere ar

There are quite a few usages, the only ones I can think that are chicken related are cock-a-hoop, which is crowing about something. and cock-fight - pretty obvious what that is.

You could also have:
half-cock - not ready
on the cock - twisted, not aligned (also as cock-eyed)
cock-up - snafu
cock or stop-cock - a faucet or valve
cock and bull story - BS
cockboat - small ship's boat
cockpit - I'm guessing derived from site of cockfighting
cocktail - OED says "unknown origin"
cocky - conceited or saucy

and I'm sure there must be more
A variation on “cock and bull story” is cock and ball story…… referring to tall tales of sexual conquest

Graffiti seen years ago on a New Zealand overpass (relating to Australia/NZ rivalry)....

Australia Sux
and added later in a different hand
NZ Nil

The second time I read this entire tread 👍. Sometimes my work is meaningful, but not today, so keep em coming.

I was thinking of this thread earlier today. I was discussing something with a friend which failed to come to a decision and she concluded by saying

"I'll give you a tinkle on the blower later" - to which I replied - " No problem you can give me a bell when you've made your mind up"

When I sat down afterwards it made me think whether anyone not from the uk would understand the exchange

I was thinking of this thread earlier today. I was discussing something with a friend which failed to come to a decision and she concluded by saying

"I'll give you a tinkle on the blower later" - to which I replied - " No problem you can give me a bell when you've made your mind up"

When I sat down afterwards it made me think whether anyone not from the uk would understand the exchange

all fairly common and well known usage in the UK

all fairly common and well known usage in the UK

Yep and that's why i said "whether anyone not from the uk would understand the exchange"

Giving someone a tinkle on the blower sounds a bit X rated to me. 😲

I'm from Southampton and I do use rhyming slang, but not the "apples and pears" of the movies. Phrases I do use:
"Giz a butchers."
"I used my plates." (in answer to "how did you get here.")
I'm sure there are others I use.

I'm from Southampton and I do use rhyming slang, but not the "apples and pears" of the movies. Phrases I do use:
"Giz a butchers."

Just for fun, here in the States, when I see someone with a high-end watch, I say, “Nice kettle.” A sure-fire conversation starter…

"Giz a butchers."

I used my plates?

I used my plates?
"Plates of meat" -- not really in mainstream use, thank goodness....