Forums Latest Members

Need Help with a vintage Fortis Geneve Stratorliner?

1. SPL2 Aug 19, 2019

Just wondering if anyone knows more about this watch, I've been looking around and cant find much. Caught my eye in an auction and looking to know more about it.
    Watch is a Fortis Geneve Stratorliner w/ Daydate going by the look/style I think its from the 1960s.
    Anything anyone knows about it is appreciated, just wanting to get more info on it and also if its worth anything?
    Vintage-Mens-Fortis-Geneve-Day-Date-34Mm-Automatic.jpg Vintage-Mens-Fortis-Geneve-Day-Date-34Mm-Automatic-_57.jpg Vintage-Mens-Fortis-Geneve-Day-Date-34Mm-Automatic-_57 (1).jpg Vintage-Mens-Fortis-Geneve-Day-Date-34Mm-Automatic-_57 (2).jpg Vintage-Mens-Fortis-Geneve-Day-Date-34Mm-Automatic-_57 (3).jpg

2. Vitezi Aug 20, 2019

DaveK likes this.
  3. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Aug 20, 2019

I don’t know much about these either, but:
    - Stratoliner is a cool name, so why wouldn’t they have it written on the dial like others do. Google fortis watch 6244 and look at other examples
    - bezel looks dope!
    - the movement is made of a lot of different coloured parts. Might mean it was put together with spare parts (affecting value and possibly performance). Check this similar model out from another closed auction (where the hammer dropped at $125). Pretty looking movement

920F3509-44F9-47BD-B27D-F2C8DE2729CB.png

- someone more knowledgeable will hopefully come around to provide an expert’s opinion

Edit: it it was me, I’d walk away from this one. I suspect it it a Frankenwatch. Better examples are out there

Edited Aug 20, 2019