Forums Latest Members

Need help! Vintage Seamaster Vs. Vintage Pie Pan Connie

1. CodeFour Aug 25, 2018

I own a 1966 165.007, cal 710, Seamaster in solid 18k gold, 32 mm. I love it. And it’s the first luxury watch I’ve ever owned (but haven’t owned it that long). It’s special in that sense, but it wears small and I probably don’t wear it as much as I could because of that. I just saw a vintage Connie available for the same price roughly; I think a straight trade would be possible. So here’s where I need help:
    The one I own is solid gold, and the Connie is filled (or so it appears). I know the model I own is somewhat rare, whereas I see Connies available all the time. Although I love to look at my Seamaster, the pie pan is amazing, it’s larger in diameter, and I think it might suit me better in appearance. Assuming the Connie is totally original, and I can do a straight across trade (or close to it), is there anything I’m missing where I would regret such a trade? To you experts: would you look at that trade and say: “I’m glad he likes the Connie, but what an idiot for giving up the Seamaster...”.
    I guess I just don’t want to go down a path that I regret later, when ultimately I love the look of them just about the same (but the Connie slightly better). Thank you for any and all input, and cheers to our shared love of Omega!

7634BB5C-07BA-49D6-9B91-2C5C6C18E832.jpeg E11A462F-E120-4585-94EF-607C47FED97B.jpeg
  2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 25, 2018

Nothing wrong with hankering after a pie pan Connie but the one you show looks heavily polished.
    I wouldn’t trade your Seamaster for this particular watch.

3. CodeFour Sep 5, 2018

It sounds like your input is unanimous. I'll take your advice; thank you!