Forums Latest Members
  1. robinweide Dec 8, 2018

Hi all,

I was given this watch for a special occasion and I'm trying to get some more information on it.
    All I know is that the inner case stamp ("pCf") is suggested to be from french case-makers. The rest is a mystery for me.
    I'm very happy with it and hoping you could tell me more!

Cheers,
    Robin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I've also posted this on reddit, so apologies if you see this post for the second time)

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 8, 2018

Not sure what information you are after - clearly a DeVille and you can see the movement caliber and serial number, and the case number inside the case back. 42 million serial number is from something like 1978...

Case came in 3 materials, so 2N yellow gold, 3N yellow gold, or white gold. All 18k.

Cheers, Al

3. robinweide Dec 8, 2018

Ah great, thank you! Yeah, any information really. I couldn't find it anywhere online, so I was also starting to wonder if it actually is genuine.

The material is quite dark/reddish, so does this mean this is a 3N? And this is plated, right?

Edited Dec 8, 2018
  4. François Pépin Dec 9, 2018

No, solid gold! And it is a French made case.

5. robinweide Dec 9, 2018

Really?
    In the corners (esp. at the 18:30) I see a light silverish color. Like the gold is polished away...

6. François Pépin Dec 9, 2018

If the "bezel" comes from the same watch as the back, yes, for sure - never seen a solid gold back with a plated bezel on a French cased Omega. The back is in solid gold as the PF stamp shows: the maker's logo in a lozanger is only for solid gold (or for solid silver). There should be a 18k hallmark on the other side: an eagle head.
    To be sure for the bezel, check eagle heads - they usually are on the lugs or between them.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2018

I think the case is tarnished, but from what I can see it only came in solid gold, not any sort of plated option.