Forums Latest Members
  1. kinhlupden Sep 1, 2013

[​IMG]

Please tell me some information about this watch...

ace likes this.
  2. Poday Sep 1, 2013

It appears to be an Omega watch, and the strap appears to be constructed of leather. If I had to guess, I'd say it is an Omega Constellation Calendar. It uses a three hand design to indicate seconds, minutes, and hours. The "31" on the right side indicates the date of the current month.

I'm sure there are others here who could possibly tell you more, but it would be helpful if you gave more information. Are you planning on buying the watch? Are you selling it? What exactly do you want to know?

lando, Omeoneganobi, Habitant and 4 others like this.
  3. Dablitzer Sep 1, 2013

Nice watch, buying or selling? Dibs. :) (Sorry to my friends across the pond!) Constellation Calendar Deluxe Pie Pan Stepped Dial, It's probably a reference 2852 with a SnapBack case and a Cal. 504 movement.

4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Sep 1, 2013

Wonderful answer. I too sometimes wonder about those who want a lot but give nothing. You hit it perfectly with a correct and nice answer - and only a whiff of sarcasm. Thank you - I wish I would/could have wrote it.

STANDY and Dablitzer like this.
  5. Dablitzer Sep 1, 2013

He beat me too it too... :p

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 1, 2013

I looked this morning and controlled myself not to say

Omega ::confused2::

7. baoquang Sep 1, 2013

the function matches with the dial: it has calendar ... seems original?

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 1, 2013

With pleasure Alex........ :)

Dablitzer likes this.
  9. baoquang Sep 1, 2013

ok, to help the OP, I will post some other photos found from the forum I happen to be also a member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kinhlupden Sep 1, 2013

[​IMG]

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2013

Can you post more pictures of that bracelet and the clasp? That looks like an original piece too.

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 1, 2013

I know OP plan to buy this specimen.

This is uncommon Deluxe, both having the calendar function and stepped pie pan dial.
    For me the condition is not bad.
    The case has been polished but not too much.
    The dial in very good condition.
    The minute hand is too long (correct Hoi?).
    The crown is matched.
    IIRC the datewheel should have golden background,too instead of white, but somebody said it is not too difficult to source the part.
    The case back has a significant dent at the edge (due to opening?).
    I don't like the dirty circular mark inside the movement . Should not be caused by rotor right?

Personally I might buy if the price is not too high. Just my 2 cents.

13. John R Smith Sep 1, 2013

If you look carefully there are marks on the inside of the caseback, around the outside edge of the movement, and on the rotor itself. The rotor bearings are worn out.

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 1, 2013

Gotcha..... :thumbsup:. What do you think? A deal breaker?
    The 504 and combination of stepped pie pan dial + calendar still quite interesting ....... however a repair cost including parts must be calculated into the price

15. John R Smith Sep 1, 2013

We really need Archer to give us a ballpark for repairs, but in another thread he did mention that rotor bearings for these are no longer available so the whole rotor has to be replaced. If so, you are not likely to get the correct rotor with the chronometer "Adjusted five (5) positions etc " script on it. So that diminishes the watch's resale value. Personally, I would back away from this one - the seller is not likely to drop the price far enough to cover possible repair costs.

16. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Sep 1, 2013

I think he also said that you used to be able to buy the bearings separately ... but now you can't. But presumably you could buy the new rotor, swap the bearings and use the old rotor with new bearings?

17. John R Smith Sep 1, 2013

An old-fashioned watchmaker with a jeweller's lathe could probably make a set of bearings from phosphor bronze rod.

18. AMBwatches Sep 1, 2013

It's also very possible that the oscillating weight axle is broken. Thats a super common problem i find with these.

That is fortunately a relatively cheap fix. The picture below shows the underside of it. It screws right on, and the oscillating weight slips right over.

-AMB

[​IMG]

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 2, 2013

Might be possible to do that, but then you have spent $250 for just a bushing...plus labour to swap it out (if it can be removed without being damaged).

Edit to add - not 100% certain of the price of the weight for this movement as the $250 was based on a 563. Not even sure the weight is still available for a 504...I would have to check with Omega.

Cheers, Al

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 2, 2013

Would take more than just a lathe - the busing has teeth built into it that drive the automatic winding....it's a fairly complex part. Not sure if there is enough wall thickness that would allow you the rebush the busing itself - my guess is no.

Cheers, Al