Forums Latest Members

Need Help Identifying Two Vintage Omegas; One Wristwatch And A Stopwatch

1. Typhoon7 Apr 18, 2013

Hello all!

I am new here and would like to ask for assistance, please?

Could someone help me identify a vintage manual wind watch?

A little background on the watch:

I've searched online and taken this watch to several ADs over the years to try to have it identified, but without success. Even Omega's vintage section of their website was no help.

It is a manual wind 14k Omega dress watch with rhodium plating. Originally, it came on a black lizard skin strap. The diamonds on the dial are real and I have no reason to belive that they are not original from Omega. They may have been added after purchase, but I don't think so.

15 years ago I had a watch maker refinish the dial, before I really got into watches and understood the implications of the refinish on the watch's value. The dial is close in color to original, but the "Swiss Made" marking below 6 is incorrect, as it has the T for tritium on both ends of the Swiss Made marking. The Omega symbol and name appear as they did before the refinish. I share this because at first glance the watch may not look authentic, but I can confirm that it is authentic.

Any assistance with determining the approximate age of this piece and it's model is greatly appreciated.

Omega customer service directed me to the vintage section of the website, but I couldn't find it there.

Also, I have an Omega stopwatch. Not sure if it is real or fake. Had it since the early 1980s. It looked vintage in the 80s, and has been stored since. I've searched online, but cannot find any pictures that look exactly like it does. It is in running condition and accurate.

Photos of both are attached.

Thanks,

T7

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. MyVintageOmega Apr 18, 2013

3. Typhoon7 Apr 18, 2013

MyVintageOmega, Thank you so much!

It is a D6672. I found the exact watch after searching google for D6672. Many years of trying to find out what model the watch is, sorted out in 5 minutes on this forum!

Anyone have any thoughts on the stopwatch?

Cheers,

T7

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  4. MyVintageOmega Apr 18, 2013

Good to hear..........P.S- Welcome to the forum::popcorn::

Typhoon7 likes this.
  5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2013

The stopwatch looks like an Omega MG 6356 stopwatch with a 15 minute totaliser on the small dial, although it should have a long Orange sweep hand as well as the existing hands.

[​IMG]

Typhoon7 likes this.
  6. Typhoon7 Apr 18, 2013

SpikiSpikester,

it does have a long orange sweep hand! It was hidden in the picture because I had it running when taking the pic!

Wow! I am delighted at the quick responses on this forum!

Thanks again!

T7

P.S. anyone have a rough value estimation on either or both pieces?

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2013

The stopwatch is not valuable because there is low demand for them. Maybe £50-80 but it could be more or less depending on how lucky/unlucky you get with a buyer.

8. Typhoon7 Apr 18, 2013

That is what I was thinking, not very valuable. A novel item that I'll hang on to.

Now that I know what the watch's model is, I can find out what similar ones go for online.

Thanks again!

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2013

US Collection

Gents' leather strap

Reference
    D 6672
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 620
    Superflat
    Created in 1960