Need help identifying this watch

I need help identifying this early Omega watch. I purchased this watch about 12-15 years ago from a small independent jeweler in Santa Ana, California. I liked that it was different from the other vintage Omegas I usually see.

What is the caliber number?

What is the approximate age?

Any other useful information?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Late 30s or early 40s. The dial was repainted much more recently based on the font and logo. What is the diameter of the movement?
Edited:

Late 30s or early 40s. The dial was repainted much more recently based on the font and logo. What is the diameter of the movement?

Dan,

Thank you for your response.

The movement diameter is 19mm

The case dimensions are 22mm square (not including the crown or lugs)

The lu to lug measurement is 30mm and it takes a 20mm wide strap

Phil

Dan,

Thank you for your response.

The movement diameter is 19mm

The case dimensions are 22mm square (not including the crown or lugs)

The lu to lug measurement is 30mm and it takes a 20mm wide strap

Phil
Nice that it takes a 20mm strap, that makes a smaller watch much more wearable. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that movement, but someone will know. Sometimes if you look closely with a loupe the caliber number is engraved under the balance.
Edited:

Caliber looks to be a 19.4 from the mid 1930s.
Yann may be able pin down more detail.

Neat Piece, neighbor with a cool name.

Im in in the Newport Mesa.

-Phil

movement serial will give you an approximate date. It’s had the dial repainted to look more modern (common) which hurts any value.

but with a 20mm strap it’s pretty wearable for anyone.

if you need to get it serviced in OC reach out and I can point you to some good watchmakers.

Caliber looks to be a 19.4 from the mid 1930s.
Yann may be able pin down more detail.

Thank you.
Neat Piece, neighbor with a cool name.

Im in in the Newport Mesa.

-Phil

movement serial will give you an approximate date. It’s had the dial repainted to look more modern (common) which hurts any value.

but with a 20mm strap it’s pretty wearable for anyone.

if you need to get it serviced in OC reach out and I can point you to some good watchmakers.

Thanks I didn't realize that the dial had been repainted when I bought it. I had just started getting interested in vintage watches and didn't know what to look for or what questions to ask. I had been given a couple of my fathers old watches by my mother after he passed away. One was a Longines tank from the 40's and the other was a Hamilton from the early 50's. I had also just purchased a early 60's Omega Seamaster about a year earlier. I've got a half dozen vintage dress watches and another 10 latter model sports watches now.

I'm not that worried about the value of this Omega. I bought it because I liked the way it looked and that it was different. I would like to get it serviced though if you can recommend someone. I used to live in the upper back bay but moved to Arizona when I retired and don't have anyone around here that can work on it. Also, when I opened it up to take pictures of the movement and case back I ad a little accident of sorts. The minute hand must have been loose because it flew off somewhere when I took the movement out of the case. I spent several hours on the floor with a flashlight and magnifying glass looking for it but with no luck. That will also have to be replaced now.