Need help identifying this vintage gold Omega and question about its lugs

Hey all,

Long-time lurker and this is my first post. I have been into vintage Omega watches for some time now and I own two vintage Seamasters (from the 50s and 60s). Recently I encountered this 1940s Medicus style Omega with 23.4SC movement. The seller claims he purchased it from Dubai and that the case is solid gold (with specific markings that I am not able to identify; he didn't specify but I assume it is 18k gold). I truly admire the black dial with gold patina spread across. The main concern is that the supposedly solid gold lugs seem very thin and did not APPEAR to have been solidly welded to the case. The case itself is also quite unique in its thin lugs, and I have yet to seen anything comparable. The caseback doesn't have any Omega logos/signature. Could it be that someone put this Omega movement into a custom-made gold case. I see myself as a clumsy person and my watches inevitably clash with door frames and other hard objects. My (irrational) fear is that such clash will be fatal to the gold lugs.

upload_2024-3-11_21-6-52.png
upload_2024-3-11_21-7-3.png

(this particular picture from the back of the lugs really did not inspire confidence)
upload_2024-3-11_21-6-42.png

I hope the experts here could share with me their opinions with regards to 1) the sturdiness of the lugs; 2) the origin of the case. And lastly, I do have this pet peeve about loud movements, and I am curious as to whether the 23.4SC would be considered above-average "noisy".

Many thanks in advance.
Ken

Like 1
Please upload photos directly, they aren’t showing for me. In general, I don’t know how you would like us to quantify the sturdiness of the lugs, but gold lugs can definitely be bent by contact

Please upload photos directly, they aren’t showing for me. In general, I don’t know how you would like us to quantify the sturdiness of the lugs, but gold lugs can definitely be bent by contact
I think my biggest issue now is that the lugs on this case is already ultra thin (to save gold materials I guess), couple with the softness of gold I can definitely see disaster.

It’s a lovely dresser. You don’t wear em to the gym etc. Gonna guess that this was a local case maker.

Like 1
No expert on this but it looks to me like one of the lugs has already had some work done to reattach or keep it attached

Like 1
I would pass.
Too many issues. Indeed the fragility of the lugs and mysterious case origin (British assay marks?), but also the big hit above the Omega logo in my opinion is damage and not patina, the seconds hand looks too short and appears to be a replacement,
And of course as already observed, there’s been some work on one of the lugs.

Like 1
I would pass.
Too many issues. Indeed the fragility of the lugs and mysterious case origin (British assay marks?), but also the big hit above the Omega logo in my opinion is damage and not patina, the seconds hand looks too short and appears to be a replacement,
And of course as already observed, there’s been some work on one of the lugs.
thank you! I too suspected the red second hand was too short for a Medicus (it is gorgeous though)

No expert on this but it looks to me like one of the lugs has already had some work done to reattach or keep it attached
yeah those were my biggest concern as well! thanks!