Need help choosing my everyday omega - seaweed green seamaster vs denim railmaster vs summer blue se

Hi everyone

I don't have any watch at the minute.

First I was interested in getting the aqua terra team deck blue or green. But after trying them in the boutique, only the white dial with orange hands appealed to me, but I decided the watch was too shiny.

After further research, and going through phases of wanting a speedmaster, seamaster in summer blue, railmaster in black, railmaster denim, and green seamaster, I'm currently down to the 3 mentioned in the title.

I'm looking for - a watch that can be worn with suits, jacket and trousers, T-shirt and jeans. Needs water resistance. Not too shiny or delicate.

I like the green seamaster as it is quite a dark green. I like the railmaster as it is not blingy. I like the summer blue seamaster because of the blue.

Help! I've been looking for over a year now!

Out of the three, I prefer the green Seamaster, with the Railmaster in second place.

Any of the three you’ve picked would serve as an everyday watch, although the Summer blue dial is a bit flashier.

If I was forced to pick one Omega to wear every day for everything, it would probably be between the hesalite Speedmaster (I don’t swim, so plenty of water resistance for me), the black dialled Seamaster 300M, and the Trilogy series Railmaster.

I’m liking the green. Could almost sway me to a Seamaster

Tuff call.

If the Railmaster had a black dial with the same layout it would been a sure thing, but denim, nah not so much.

The summer blue looks very nice, but is it a lasting design? Will I get tired of it in a year?

Never had a green dial, so .....maybe???

All three are nice, but personally I wouldn't choose any of them for daily wear, especially if you need a "do it all" one watch collection. For that, I would go with the Seamaster 300 Heritage with black dial, Globemaster with blue dial (the dial on that watch is a spectacular shapeshifter and changes color depending upon the lighting conditions) or something from the Aqua Terra line.

You need all three plus a white dial one to cover all the seasons and daily mood swings 👍

You need all three plus a white dial one to cover all the seasons and daily mood swings 👍
Dammit you are right haha. Actually considering a polar explorer 2 for a white dial.

To be honest my reasoning is I have two sons so I need two watches to pass down...I will deploy that argument to my wife when it comes time to buy my second watch some time down the road...

All three are nice, but personally I wouldn't choose any of them for daily wear, especially if you need a "do it all" one watch collection. For that, I would go with the Seamaster 300 Heritage with black dial, Globemaster with blue dial (the dial on that watch is a spectacular shapeshifter and changes color depending upon the lighting conditions) or something from the Aqua Terra line.
Thanks for the reply. Those two watches have never really grabbed me for whatever reason.

I do need something that can work with a shirt and tie(my daily work outfit), sometimes a suit, but also weekend wear with kids, wife and friends. I'm leaning towards the green seamaster right now.

Dammit you are right haha. Actually considering a polar explorer 2 for a white dial.

To be honest my reasoning is I have two sons so I need two watches to pass down...I will deploy that argument to my wife when it comes time to buy my second watch some time down the road...

I hate to be boring, but if you want two to pass down, I vote for a Seamaster 300M and a Speedmaster. I think both will look good years from now and they also dress up or down fine, unless you work in a very conservative/traditional space.

I hate to be boring, but if you want two to pass down, I vote for a Seamaster 300M and a Speedmaster. I think both will look good years from now and they also dress up or down fine, unless you work in a very conservative/traditional space.
That's not boring and those are probably great choices. I will probably buy the seamaster first. Probably in green now. Anyone already own it? I think it is dark enough to work with a suit. Should be versatile enough to work with tweed jackets and flannels as well.

I like the green Seamaster but I own one and might be biased. It's worked perfectly for everything I've done and worn. The color isn't flashy and doesn't stand out obnoxiously. It's my daily wear and has been for over a year. I wear it on the OE bracelet the most but it looks great on a Forstner Contemporary Flat Link and Uncle Seiko 1450 President.

The Railmaster looks nice but the blue denim dial and Arabic indices seem unflattering to me. They just don't seem to go together.

The summer blue Seamaster looks nice and it might have been a contender when I was looking for a new watch last year if it had been available. I've never seen it person so I can't gauge the accuracy of that sentiment. It seems more fun and less formal than the green, however.
Edited:

That's not boring and those are probably great choices. I will probably buy the seamaster first. Probably in green now. Anyone already own it? I think it is dark enough to work with a suit. Should be versatile enough to work with tweed jackets and flannels as well.

Sorry, I didn't mean the watches are boring! Just that suggesting to pair a Speedy and a Seamaster is not particularly novel advice on my part 😁.

I like the green Seamaster but I own one and might be biased. It's worked perfectly for everything I've done and worn. The color isn't flashy and doesn't stand out obnoxiously. It's my daily wear and has been for over a year. I wear it on the OE bracelet the most but it looks great on a Forstner Contemporary Flat Link and Uncle Seiko 1450 President.

The Railmaster looks nice but the blue denim dial and Arabic indices seem unflattering to me. They just don't seem to go together.

The summer blue Seamaster looks nice and it might have been a contender when I was looking for a new watch last year if it had been available. I've never seen it person so I can't gauge the accuracy of that sentiment. It seems more fun and less formal than the green, however.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the green. I like the appearance of the standard seamaster bracelet but have also looked at that same forstner bracelet and will probably add that at some point. I will also try and get the omega boutique to throw in the green rubber strap.

Sorry, I didn't mean the watches are boring! Just that suggesting to pair a Speedy and a Seamaster is not particularly novel advice on my part 😁.
Yeah definitely not boring watches! That advice is standard for a reason I suppose - they have stood the test of time.

I don't like the denim look on the Railmaster and I think the green is too dark so I'd go Summer Blue (I do have a blue and white Seamaster).

But it seems that dark green should be your choice....

Probably in green now. Anyone already own it? I think it is dark enough to work with a suit. Should be versatile enough to work with tweed jackets and flannels as well.

I like the green Seamaster but I own one and might be biased. It's worked perfectly for everything I've done and worn. The color isn't flashy and doesn't stand out obnoxiously.
Would you say that too if the seconds hand was red (pic from a local forum):

upload_2023-12-19_20-28-24.png