Need help choosing between two gold Geneve's

Hi all,

I'd love some help deciding between either 1. keeping my existing 9k Geneve or 2. upgrading to the 18k one 馃槙

My goal is to own one very nice gold dress watch. They're both genuinely really nice pieces.

Of the two, which would be your pick? Irregardless of price? And why?

My 1970 9k Geneve 'linen' dial (no date), or the 1960 'pie pan' 18k Geneve?

They're both in different price brackets, but I enjoy them each for their individual characteristics.

I love both, but I can't have them both. 馃檨

Thank you all!

Easy answer is Both! That's a dome dial not a pie pan, but very nice. I think I like the 9k Geneve better, but both are fine pieces.

Why not keep what you have and spend the savings on a steel C case Connie?

Thank you for the correction!

Tell me more! What do you fancy about that particular constellation? I'm fairly new to Omegas.

I would choose the 1970`s one, because I have almost the same but with a date, so that I don`t have to set the date when I use it. Does it have a 5oo series movement? I have read that later movement aren`t as good?

Thank you for the correction!

Tell me more! What do you fancy about that particular constellation? I'm fairly new to Omegas.
C- cases are maybe an acquired taste, so they cost less than a dogleg pie pan, but are still a nice watch. The Connie's keep excellent time. Have a look at the Ccase thread, after looking at 100 or so you will find yourself wanting one.

This is, in my view, a very easy choice: the earlier model.

The dial and indices are more interesting aesthetically, and the case is both more substantial and interesting (e.g. subtle chamfers on the lugs).

Objectively, it was also the higher quality model.

That cursive Geneve paired with the dome dial is an excellent combination. Better than any vintage connie IMO.

There are both nice. I am personally quite fond of the Geneve cursive, just think the dial is on another level

Thank you all! I was also leaning towards the 18k Geneve (cursive one).
I love the case profile and I feel it suits/fits my wrist better. Also love the domed dial.
Thank you all of you very friendly members for posting your responses!

If it didn't have a date, I would love it more, but this contest is no contest ... the 18k Geneve is very nice.