Forums Latest Members

Need advise regarding replacment plexiglass/sapphire crystal

1. Ilan Dec 11, 2018

Hello Everyone,

I Need your help.

Im an owner of a Speedmaster Pro moonwatch 861 from early 70's ( which i ware on a daily basis). Please see attached picture of my actual watch.

The plexiglass have a crack (sad accident ….), and I'm looking for a replacement plexiglass/ sapphire crystal.
    My questions are:

a. Can I replace the plexiglass with a sapphire crystal for this watch ? , in case yes, can anyone please send me link to relevant sapphire from eBay or any other web site so i can purchase such.

b. Are the following examples (from eBay) of a plexiglass can fit my Speedy ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-OM...h=item2cc5f06175:g:pLMAAOSwm-pZr9To:rk:4:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-with...h=item5b500ffcf4:g:h00AAOSwPGtcBF0i:rk:3:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks in advance,

Ilan.

20181210_200408.jpg
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 11, 2018

You can put a new plexiglass on it no problem. You will struggle to get a sapphire crystal to work properly so don't even bother to try. The Speedmasters fitted as std with sapphire have slightly different cases to allow them to fit. Personally I wouldn't attempt that myself, I would use a watchmaker and let him source the correct crystal.

Not sure where in the world you are but if anywhere near the UK then I would send it to Simon Freese or STS for fixing

3. Ilan Dec 11, 2018

Thanks you for the answer!

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 11, 2018

Crystal you need is part #063PW5139

Ilan likes this.
  5. Ilan Dec 11, 2018

And what about plexiglass model,which one?
    Thanks in advance for you answer.

Alan.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 11, 2018

That is what I gave you...