Forums Latest Members

Need advice! Zodiac Sea Wolf vintage watch

1. EmilSkol Jan 10, 2016

Hello! While browsing a swedish auction site I stumbled across the Zodiac Sea Wolf. I'm really into vintage watches and i find the Sea Wolf absolutely stunning. I figuered some of you on this forum might know a little bit more when it comes to how much the watch is actually worth. I've come to understand that the bracelet itself is quite hard to come by, being an original Zodiac bracelet signed with Champion USA(?). Also it says in the info, that the crown is unsigned, i suspect this means that it might have been replaced by an after-market crown? Is that an indication of flaw?

I look forward to hearing from you!

image.png
    GregH and Sameh like this.
  2. EmilSkol Jan 10, 2016

Additional photos

image.png image.png
    GregH and Sameh like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 10, 2016

Quite common for crowns and crystals to be replaced on vintage watches.. So no issue there..

Someone with more knowledge on these will be along soon

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. EmilSkol Jan 10, 2016

Hmmm okay I see. Do you know anything about what price these watches actually go for?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 10, 2016

No, not my interest but I know we have a few resident Zodiac collectors on board.

I know the member below has a few

Calling @Giff2577

OMGRLX and EmilSkol like this.
  6. WatchNut22 Jan 10, 2016

Love the vintage seawolf! Zodiac just came out with a reissue that is gorgeous. A good condition vintage could anywhere from $300-$700.

OMGRLX, noelekal and D YOUNG like this.
  7. EmilSkol Jan 10, 2016

It truly is a beautiful watch! I fell in love with the blue/grayish acrylic on the bezel thats featured on the vintage one.

noelekal likes this.
  8. D YOUNG Jan 12, 2016

Beautiful. I have a similar piece a Zodiac Aerospace GMT. Mine is on original bracelet also.

EmilSkol likes this.
  9. RCAFBuster Jan 13, 2016

I have both the Zodiac Seawolf and Aerospace, both with Letters of Provenance from their Military service .

They both wear wonderfully on the wrist, a little small and understated. It is nice to find them with the original bracelets. If you're lucky, you'll pay in the sub $400 mark for a complete one, but they are creeping up rapidly. Well worth picking one up.
    Cheers,
    Buster

Zodiac GMT 1966.jpg Zodiac Seawolf 1968.JPG

GregH, Sameh, EmilSkol and 1 other person like this.
  10. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 13, 2016

Here's an early Sea Wolf. No original bracelet so it's on a strap. I enjoy wearing it as a Friday casual or weekend watch.

[​IMG]

GregH, Sameh and EmilSkol like this.
  11. EmilSkol Jan 14, 2016

Nice one, mate! Do you know what the "Champion USA" sign actually means?

12. RCAFBuster Jan 14, 2016

I'm assuming that you are referring to the JB Champion marking on the clasp of the bracelet. JB Champion is a sought after bracelet manufacturer (just look at the 'NASA' mesh bands favoured on the Omega Speedmaster).

One of my watch bands is signed and marked Zodiac on the clasp, so most likely made by the company. The other is Zodiac signed on the clasp but has been manufactured by JB Champion for Zodiac.

Cheers,

Buster

13. EmilSkol Jan 14, 2016

Actually, I do not own the watch yet (I will be at 8pm if the auction goes as planned;). I suppose it's manufactured by JB then. What had me confused was that the seller said "Champion USA" instead of "JB Champion". Anyways, Buster, thank you for clearing that up for me.

14. WatchNut22 Jun 13, 2016

Amazing watch. Even though it's small at 35mm and I prefer 38-42, fell instantly in love with mine. In good condition w/o the original bracelet around $400 and with bracelet around $600.

[​IMG]

Rick

GregH and EmilSkol like this.
  15. EmilSkol Jun 13, 2016

Stunning! Looks great with the strap too. My sweetspot would be around 39-40, might go for maximum 42 with a diver, but in this case it just adds to the vintage look with it being a 35!

WatchNut22 likes this.